Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Ok DUSTY!! Heres the situation (no, not him). i dont want it vertical mounted, so any ideas on making a flush mount look ok??

WP_000602(2).jpg
    89' Comp Resto:
    http://supraboats.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=8193

Riding and Mod pic's:
    http://www.supraboats.com/bbs/album.php?albumid=86

89' Supra/Custom Tower & Interior/Swivel Racks
    4 Blade-14X14/1600 lbs Ballast
    Roswell Bar/Led's/Krypt 6.5 HLCD's/Krypt 4200 Eq
    JL-PPI Amps 1750 Watts/Kicker Interiors/L7 Kicker Sub

This is rough, and not to size but it should give you something to think about. It looks like you have room to make a small "dash extension" to create a face place, thru-mount look into the dash. Match the shape of the dash with a piece of cardboard, then transfer it to whatever material you want the extension to be. Get a thin cotton batting and cover the entire thing in the closest match vinyl you can find. Jo-Anns fabric is an excellent place to find Marine grade vinyl. Again, my paint pic is rough, but from the looks of your pic I think you could make this work pretty easily.

2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

That is what I have been thinking. Thanks Dusty. I saw a picture on Supra-boats FB page like 2-3 weeks ago. He built a drop down dash but it was pretty big. I like your idea of just making a small one off to the left side that way laura can reach if Im driving and to busy. Thanks guys.

#2 question. What are yall doing about these eq's getting wet?? You know we get stuck out in the rain a few times a year? I know they are probably a lil splash proof but what are yall doing about this??
    89' Comp Resto:

Riding and Mod pic's:

you just had to use the 420 in your pic didnt ya? Well at least you got the color right!! lol
    89' Comp Resto:

Riding and Mod pic's:

I just mounted mine this weekend and actually mounted it verticaly on the front edge of the panel by the throttle using the supplied L brackets. i was worried about cranking it with my knees all the time... i actually really like it in this spot.... and i really love the availability of the throttle... i upgraded my head unit to the kenwood KMR-700u and now it's collecting dust because i just plug my ipod into the aux in and use the ZLD as my throttle control as well...

geoff
    2014 Mondo with da flow!!! Exile towers, stock everything else.... for now!

I adjust mine a lot with each rider up and rider down. As stated, I have placed it by the throttle so its a one, two routine for me. EQ.jpg
    Jason

2022 Mojo

that's a nice install to... mine is mounted vertically on the grey strip just in front of where your's in.... the RCA pre outs face towards the hull... volume is at top... easy to get at and not in the way..
    2014 Mondo with da flow!!! Exile towers, stock everything else.... for now!

Here is mine on our 2010 LSV

Finally got around to my EQ install - hey, it's only been sitting on bench for about 9 months... Don't want to rush into these things.

I must be getting old because running 4 pairs of RCAs and a new remote-on lead down through my foot space behind the sub enclosure, through the basement, past the batteries and over to the amp rack and HU was a royal pain. Pain like me cramping up from twisting and contorting into these tight little cubbies to get everything where it needs to be and then barely being able to get back out. Done now and all is working with no buzz or hiss. Time for a water trial in the morning!

Question - where do you guys normally leave your HU volume set at?

I got inspired so I also added my final LED strips up front but of course stretched one a little too much around a bend and snapped the sucker in half during the last 30 seconds of install. Urgh.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

I usually set my eq volume based on what we are doing, tower to boat ratio, then use the remote as the master volume.

If just cruising then, in boats full and towers at 1/4, reverse if we are riding and surfing.

Does that kicker bass knob say "11" on it. LOL. How does that work into the eq sub bass control?
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold