Thread: Boat Cover

Default Boat Cover

We are in our fourth summer of use for our 2002 Outback LS. Last year the cover started to tear on the winshield corners. That has been our biggest dissapointment with the boat, the quality of cover that comes with it. This year it has torn near the stern also. Has anyone else had their cover rot so quickly? If so wher have you gotten a custom fit to replace it?
    Fins to the left.

2002 Outback LS

Default Replying to Topic 'Boat Cover'

I don't need to cover my boat for extended periods of time in an exposed environment so cover rot has not been a problem for us but I would think using Overton's would be a good start.

Also, your avitar picture looks like Paw Paw Lake in Watervliet MI, our family has rented a cottage on the lake from 7/10 to 7/17 is there anything we should look out for when were on the lake? Just wondering. Thanks.
    Jeff
    Dearborn, MI

Originally posted by jburnside

I don't need to cover my boat for extended periods of time in an exposed environment so cover rot has not been a problem for us but I would think using Overton's would be a good start.

Also, your avitar picture looks like Paw Paw Lake in Watervliet MI, our family has rented a cottage on the lake from 7/10 to 7/17 is there anything we should look out for when were on the lake? Just wondering. Thanks.
    I am up here at Paw Paw Lake until this Sunday 7/10.....give me an email if you want if you have any questions.... I'm researching the Gladiator covers offered by Overton's. Thanks

[email protected]
    Fins to the left.

2002 Outback LS

weirdo0521,

Have you tried boatcoversdirect.com. You can get a custom cover for your boat for a good price.

I ordered one but had to send it back. I have a 02 Outback with a 05 Tower and since the towers on the 02 only had two support poles and the 05 has three they didn't have the pattern.

But it's worth a look.

My cover didn't last long either. It never fit very well and one day it just filled with water in a storm and tore. Overtons was having a special on the covers for my 2000 Outback - $220 for the Sharkskin cover. It covered the swim platform and it was another $100 for the one that didn't. The quality is better than the factory cover but I wish I hadn't been cheap and gotten the one that covers the swim platform. It is a real pain to put on, basically you have to go in the water.

If I did it again, I would also spend the extra $ and get the Sunbrella. The sharkskin doesn't stuff into a bag as easily.

I store a tube on the front seats and my Monster tower folds to the middle on top of the ski pole creating arches. Between the two, they hold the cover up perfcectly so I don't need to use those silly poles.

Andy

I had my cover modified for the tower when I first got the boat and had reinforcements in the rub areas added. The upholsterer said he could make a custom cover for the price you can buy them on the internet. I've had the original cover now for four years and it doesn't show any sign of wear. Moomba covers (at least four years ago) were really wimpy and outside the modifications it wouldn't have lasted very long.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD