Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by chawk610 View Post
    LMAO... yes, that's it... beware all motorcyclists!
    naw, only harley riders as the odds they have gear/helmet on are slim

jk....
    I see it all the time around here. I can't remember ever reading a story or article about projectilling boards hitting anything, but as cigars mentioned, that's what makes saturday late night tv so interesting to watch.....
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

I actually had a close call a few years back - 4ft camp table was strapped down to the top of a SUV. Straps broke and the table flew up and back and hit my tower, knocked my wakeboard half out of the rack and bent the forks over pretty good. I was in the fast lane and the table went skidding across three lanes of traffic and an exit ramp. Wakeboard dangled from the rack until I got stopped in shoulder and could run back and grab it. Have a nice battle scar on it from that. This took place on Friday night holiday weekend (freeway was packed) in the fast lane doing, uh lets just say 70ish.

Amazingly no one was hurt or went off the road swerving, nothing besides the wakeboard & rack got banged up. So glad it didn't take out my windshield. Very very lucky. That one had the 10 o'clock news or world's wildest police videos written all over it...

Lesson learned = short trips, boards ok in racks. Long freeway trips - no way jose.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

I had a wheel barrow fly out of a Dump truck in Albany NY on the Interstate at morning rush hour 20 + yrs ago skidded across 4 lanes of highwaydo 65 to 70 , no one was hurt, but lots of swerving and braking going on and not sure if the driver noticed until he got to the work site. If we all had smart phones that would have been one hell of a pile up.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

I tell you the one thing that absolutely floors me flying out of vehicles are cig. butts..

have some respect for your country..
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

People are responsible for anything that comes off their rigs so the thought of a lawsuit and someone taking my boat and a few other things makes me have think differently. You never know about the unexpected especially hitting dust devils out west that could knock a board off. I saw a 12x12 canopy in a park lifted above the tree line and dropped and destroyed so they can be nasty.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

I can say since i moved a lot closer to the lake im real temped sometimes to leave them up but i dont.

When we are camping and at LBC i will leave them in the rack down to the water as its always under 35mph.
    I did learn my lesson in 2010 at LBC, pulled onto the propterty we stay at and a tree limb i didnt notice caught my binding strap and riped the whole back of my boot off. I was done wakeboarding that week LOL.

For me its just not worth the risk or stress on gear.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

I guess I always leave mine up. 6 miles to the lake. When I go to Lake Sin Clair, I will have them down on the floor for the haul
    Jack Beams
    '05 Outback DD
    325HP EFI Indmar

Yup on short trips they always stay in the racks. I have never had one even budge. I don't keep them in on longer trips because I don't want the added weight on the tower.
    -Mark
    14 Mojo - 72 hours and growing
    02 Mobius LSV ---- Sold and always will be remembered as the one that started it all.

"Hey you only live once"