Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

E-You must be on the way east part of Canton. My buddy lives basically in downtown Canton and he is less than 6 miles from where he puts in on Allatoona. Seems like it would be so much closer for you.
    -Mark
    2005 LSV
    Tow w/:
    Volkswagen Touareg V8
    Mods: Stereo, Stainless Cup Holders and Thru Hulls, Chrome Steering Wheel, EZ Nets, Moomba Etched Cleats

"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, bc your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."

-John Wooden

Yeah, we are on the East side of Canton. About 10 minutes East of 575 out HWY 20.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SOLD! 2011 Mobius LSV 325HP EFI
    Digital Cruise Pro, Wakeplate, Kenwood KM550U and KCA-RC107MR x2, Kicker ZXM700.5, Kicker 6.5 Cabins, 10'' Kicker CompVT sub, Wetsounds SYN 4, Wetsounds REV10s, Wetsounds WS420Q, Gravity VI Surf Ballast, Acme 537

Board: '12 LF Harley (Monster) 139
    Her Board: '11 Ronix Krush 128
    Kids Board: '13 Ronix Vision 120
    Skate: LF Faction 44
    Surf: LF Custom Quad & XXX

Tow Rig:
    2011 Toyota Tundra CrewMax TRD Magnetic Grey
    3/1 Truxx Lift, and some other stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by mikerudamann View Post
    Anyone on the forum ski/wakeboard at Allatoona? I have a 2001 Outback DD. Looking for partners to slalom ski mainly. I would also like to possibly get into wakeboarding/wakesurfing. The Atlanta WaterSki Club is on the lake also. Thinking about joining.

Thoughts? Comments?

Also pretty close to Carter's Lake as well.
    Hey Mike! The Atlanat Ski Club would be a great place for you to meet and hang with die hard slalom skiers. They have their own dock and launch. They are about 1/2 from my house. There is a shallow area of the lake they have their course set up on and for the most part people respect the signage they have set out for no wakes, unless you're running the course.

As for wakeboarding/wakesurfing, hanging out in a cove swimming, and (dare I say it) some tubing we are all in for that LOL.

We have a blue & white 2010 OBV. We launch at Blockhouse. If we are boarding we usually head right from the launch, which is the way towards the ski club too, otherwise we head left for better coves and such... if you see us out then flag us down. I haven't done any boarding this year really, having issues with my knee... I was going to surf the other night but had ballast pump issues... we may try to get some riding in early this weekend, if not we'll be out in a cove swimming and relaxing
    Kraig - 2010 Outback V

I put in up by the dam in Bartow county. I use both Stamp Creek and Gatewood. I have no problem with hitting the water at dawn or shortly thereafter on the weekends. During the week I can be on the water no later than 5pm on most days. Who wants to hit it?

I think I know where Stamp creek is. Is that on HWY 20? We are going to hit Allatoona on Saturday I think. Haven't been there before. We keep the boat on Lanier so we are always over there. I live in Canton, where is the best ramp for us to use that won't be a long ride to good water? I have no idea where anything is over there...

Cap'n are you going to be out on Saturday?

Digital Cruise Pro, Wakeplate, Kenwood KM550U and KCA-RC107MR x2, Kicker ZXM700.5, Kicker 6.5 Cabins, 10'' Kicker CompVT sub, Wetsounds SYN 4, Wetsounds REV10s, Wetsounds WS420Q, Gravity VI Surf Ballast, Acme 537

Tow Rig:

Quote Originally Posted by E4NASH View Post
    I think I know where Stamp creek is. Is that on HWY 20? We are going to hit Allatoona on Saturday I think. Haven't been there before. We keep the boat on Lanier so we are always over there. I live in Canton, where is the best ramp for us to use that won't be a long ride to good water? I have no idea where anything is over there...

Cap'n are you going to be out on Saturday?
    Yes (Upper) Stamp Creek is off 20. You have a ton of options to launch. In the pdf in the link below your end of the lake is around points 10, 11, 13. MIke is launching around points 1 ,2, 3. I launch at point 39. So you are pretty much at the polar opposite end of the lake from where I run. I wander from say point 43 up and around the horn to point 24. Only on long rides do we wander further towards Canton.

No, I am not going to be out Saturday. Planning on trying to get out Sunday AM. I wanted to go out Saturday AM and meet up with some of our neighbors who are camping at McKinney with their new boat, but I have to go car shopping. THe insurance company declared my car totaled from the wreck and we have to return the rental car by Monday evening, so I need to get a new car. NEW is not accurate, it will have to be USED but new to me. Anyway...

http://www.allatoonalake.org/resourc...lake-map-1.pdf
    Kraig - 2010 Outback V

We'll be putting in at Cherokee Mills around 10/1030.

If any of you see us out there tomorrow flag us down.

Tow Rig:

Got a quick run in this evening at Clear Creek. Going out tomorrow around noon. My buddy has Mobius LSV. This new Connelly is one fast ski. Still adjusting to the dual bindings.

Well we did get out Sunday. Got one attempted WakeSki session, just the start really, wife tried to snap me in half...
    After purging water from my lungs I unfolded my sore, aching, cramped and battered self then drug my sorry bones back into the boat... Found a cove to ancor is and swam. Didn't take long for the lake to turn into a mad house. Every idget within 5 counties were on the lake I think... made for some interesting maneuvering... Place was crawling with Lake Lice too... couldn't swing a dead carp without hittin' a couple of 'em... Didn't see any Moomba brothers out. Around 2:30 went and had lunch at the marina and then slow cruise back to the boat launch and home... Maybe not the best day but good enough for me
    Kraig - 2010 Outback V

Quote Originally Posted by KSmith View Post
    Well we did get out Sunday. Got one attempted WakeSki session, just the start really, wife tried to snap me in half...
    After purging water from my lungs I unfolded my sore, aching, cramped and battered self then drug my sorry bones back into the boat... Found a cove to ancor is and swam. Didn't take long for the lake to turn into a mad house. Every idget within 5 counties were on the lake I think... made for some interesting maneuvering... Place was crawling with Lake Lice too... couldn't swing a dead carp without hittin' a couple of 'em... Didn't see any Moomba brothers out. Around 2:30 went and had lunch at the marina and then slow cruise back to the boat launch and home... Maybe not the best day but good enough for me
    We were out there. I think we were anchored up in a place called Illinois cove. We crusied for a bit before we got there. That lake was REALLY busy. I saw several Moombas and Supras out there. Couldn't find a place to do anything until about 5:00. Went toward the north End of the lake past where we put in and tried to do some surfing. Had my first negative experience with Jet Ski's (Lake Lice). While I was surfing about 6 of them came right up behind me and were jumping our wake. They DESTROYED the one spot of calm water we could find all day not to mention were pretty close behind me. I'd fall off and then we'd wait for a while to see if they would leave. They looked like they were leaving so I'd get back up and then they came right back. They were like a school of Sharks looking for food! I've ridden jetski's since I was about 8 years old and I have NEVER done anything like what I saw on Saturday. Granted there are those riders out there that are idiots but I've never really had a problem with them until then and have always thought that people were just whining about them taking "Their" nice water. Well, Saturday they were bad and I can see how they can get that reputation. I was PISSED! I don't have a problem with the water part especially if there is plenty of it because everyone has a right to ride and hanve responsible fun but what did bother me was how close they came to us, how many there were, and the fact that they couldn't take a hint especially after we yelled at them for being so close. Idiots!

Overall we had a good time but I think we will stick to the East side and stay on Lanier.

Tow Rig: