Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Have you tried talking with the service manager and the regional BMW rep. They might cover part of the cost since your not too far past. Also do a search for and TSB out about this repair, I have had good luck with GM and Nissan both in getting help.

Quote Originally Posted by maxpower220 View Post
    Aside from minor issues, I believe every new car sold today will last at least 125K miles before any issue.
    Living in fantasy land, are you?
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    Living in fantasy land, are you?
    You're right, I forgot that Italians and British still make cars.
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier

I don't see how electric water pumps add to the reliability of a car.

I do agree that modern distributor less cars with fuel injection do run better and outlast their carbourated and distributor counter parts

Sent from my iPhone newtys droid killer using Tapatalk
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Just remember, people under the age of 35 may have never driven a car with a carb, definately no points/condensor, or without at least 1 airbag.

I never said electric was more reliable, but has less HP draw on the engine. If your kids are under 10, they may never drive a car with a serpentine belt.
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier

Quote Originally Posted by maxpower220 View Post
    If your kids are under 10, they may never drive a car with a serpentine belt.
    will be interesting to see how things change to say the least
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

or how they stay the same.
    manufacturers will do the bare minimum to make a car "pass" the gov't standards and if the other countries don't impose same/tougher standards, then I think manufacturers will do just enough to keep the gov't happy. it's all driven by, imo, cafe standards. I do concur that fi cars run much better than carbs, but they don't need the amount of sensors/data input that they are currently getting(look at the basic small block in our boats). it's all in a quest to squeeze out the cafe number the gov't wants for the manufacturers fleet sales. the end price is a few more mpg's out of a car, but one that is next to impossible to diagnose without expensive electronics and when something does break, you are paying big $$.

rented a car in mexico 4 years ago. was a brand new nissan sentra with 1000 miles on it. was interesting to note not a single airbag nor abs and when you lifted the hood, it was missing half the sensors/vacuum crap that we require here. bet that same car here for sale would be $3k cheaper and betting it would run just as long as a "us" sentra with a cheaper long term repair bill.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

You guys remember the air pumps they used to add on just to pump air into the exhaust so it would test with fewer ppm and pass emissions. Wasting horsepower to turn a pump that does nothing. That's what some of the govt standards have done. Then you have all this plastic crap instead of metal to make them cheaper and lighter so the union guys get $48/hr and great benefits and pensions. I could go on. No need.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    so the union guys get $48/hr and great benefits and pensions.
    man, don't get me going on unions either. ever looked up what a ups driver makes? it'll make ya vomit..
    talk about a world of entitlements..
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Toyotas have electric power steering but I think they are trying to use common parts with their hybrids. Talk about sticker shock. I have 11K miles on my motor home but it is also nine years old which means cracking side walls and time to replace the tires. The cheapest for six tires is $1,800 so it looks like a trip to Oregon next weekend (no sales tax). I see my golf cart batteries aren't keeping a charge so that is another $180. My boat is actually doing well so knock on wood.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD