Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I've had all the scheduled maint done at dealership and this is first issue minus the standard scopes and recalls. It's been trouble free. Tires are a little over a grand, has the run flats.

It's a very fun car to drive and looks fantastic. Smoke grey with black interior and blacked out windows. Speed, torque, and handling are out of this world but I drive it very little as its the wife's car and she don't enjoy driving the family war wagon.

The fuel pump is also a known issue, finding all this out by reading on BMW forums just a tad to late! There is a local mechanic that specializes in BMW and VW but I don't know the dude and his shop looks a tad funky. I guess this is why he would probably do the same job for 500 bucks less.

Just don't think keeping this thing and the future issues that may or may not arise or worth me keeping her. Time for a new ride I think. Maybe I'll cool off a little after a while. Got my kiddos at Madagascar now to keep my mind off this bill

Sent from my home phone..
    Jason

Go Hard or Go Home.......it's MOOMBA time!!

2009 Moomba Mobius LSV

LOL! Just put a water pump on a BMW 323ic with 80k on it. Probably due by then, I guess. Plastic water pump though. Crap. Already had to put a transmission in it. This was the BMW "lifetime" transmission, whatever that means. It didn't even have a dipstick (unless you count the guy that bought it). Car is cute and fun to drive but I'm sick of working on it every week. Wife has to rent a car to go to the beach for a wedding on Sunday. This one's going up on the block too. Gonna get her a V-6 Mustang Convert. Yea, I know. It's a chick car. Not more of a chick car than a 323ic though.

I never want to hear about "German engineering" again. I put that one right up there with "military intelligence" and "jumbo shrimp".
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Well I'm glad you can laugh Kane. Maybe once I pay this Amex bill I'll also be laughing-

Sent from my home phone..
    Jason

Go Hard or Go Home.......it's MOOMBA time!!

2009 Moomba Mobius LSV

Well, I've been doing it all on the cheap. Transmission would have been $3000 plus. Found one on ebay that didn't sell and got Wolfeman to pick it up for me and deliver it half way down here. Paid $200 for it and had it installed for another $400 by my shadetree guy. Fixed the broken convertible top myself. Put the water pump in myself and yesterday replaced a radiator hose. There's only one key for it and a new one is $200. Hope she doesn't lose it before we sell. CD changer broke. Radio signal is only good for about 10 miles. Just a way crappier car than I was expecting it to be.
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    I never want to hear about "German engineering" again. I put that one right up there with "military intelligence" and "jumbo shrimp".
    Don't forget "manly Dusty"

When I first saw the thread title, I figured it was started by Kane.

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    What kind of idiot car company would use an electric water pump????
    Virtually every car company is doing this in an effort to meet the CAFE standards for gas mileage. Electric water pump, steering,A/C, and brake assist reduce HP needed by the engine and allow for engine shutoff at stop lights. In 5 yrs, every car made will have a lot of the hybrid technology found on today's cars.
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier

sucks max. just like the fancy lcd controllers that all the boats are going to. it goes out and no more pp, radio, ballast, etc...

give me a good old basic car with none of the add-on bs
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

We're going to have to build our own. Then they won't let us drive them.
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Sorry, I remember "simple" cars and trucks. They got terrible gas mileage, they lasted fine until about 50,000 miles and then started breaking. When they did have a problem, you needed to know something about engines and electronics. I prefer modern computer controlled cars. If there is a problem, just plug in and it will tell you what is broken. Aside from minor issues, I believe every new car sold today will last at least 125K miles before any issue.
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier

pass on that one. I have a 98 ford ranger. has a high speed idle problem. pulled the code and says replace "x". replaced "x" and it's still there. the laundry list of parts they gave me now will be over $300. that same truck 10 years earlier would not have any of these issues. granted, I might give up a few mpg with all the electronic add-on's gone, but at least it would run properly..

guess the only advantage I can say is with tuning. got an extra 60hp at the wheels from my last evo from a tuner from florida using nothing but a dyno and a laptop reprogramming the factory ecu.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten