Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Butta's Boat

A global market for gas and a devalued dollar is what's driven the price up.
    India and China are no longer 3rd world countries. Their enconomies are thriving and they are willing to pay a premium to keep them going.
    I hafta say though, I enjoyed it while it lasted. Compared to what other countries are paying for gas, $3.30 a gallon is still fairly cheap.
    mho
    B
    Learn all you can today. Tomorrow you may need to know it!
    2004 Moomba Outback. Tower Speakers, amp, ballast, ssrr ... she's a cutie!

Still don’t esplain the ethanol pork barrel fiasco!

ditto butta,

In england 1/2 gallon of milk or equivalent ltr cost $4.00 12 eggs cost abot $6.00. certainly would not want to fill a moomba across the pond.

As for ethanol, govt can now get the farms off subsidy ( no offense to farmers) you can make ethanol from just about anything, wheat, rye grass, garbage. Unfortunately it wont meet 1/20 of the demand for gasoline in 10 years, lack of transport infrastructure and big oil.

my nickel (inflation)
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

B
    Nice pictures. I am jealous. The weather is getting better out here. The only thing that needs to stop is the winds. This morning, it was blowing about 55mph out here. Worse on the water. SOON!!!!! By the way I'm still not finished with my stereo project. Waiting for the custom Speaker/Light bar. This evening, I hooded everything up. It sounds sick. I can hardly wait for summer and the Southwest Jamboree at Lake Havasu. Again very Jealous you are on the water already.
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings
    Live life to the extreme and no less!!

Thanks tazz,
    M, sure it explains it. Basic supply and demand. And as for government spending being out of control on projects like ethanol and altenative fuel, hell that's nothing new. It's the mentality of 'throw money at a problem and it will go away'.
    The supply of fossil fuel will dwindle, no doubt. But the real problem, at least for the good 'ol USA is our processing ability of crude. All these green people not wanting an oil refinery in proximity of where they live and yet they still jump into their SUV's and do a little gas guzzling, and the billions of dollars price tag of even building a new refinery or drilling for new supplies.
    Ethanol is not a new technology, but right now it's a 'novel' technology.
    B

I hear ya! We complain about gas prices, but won’t allow any new refineries to be built.

Ethanol around $4.00 per gal, Gas around $3.50 per gal, Ethanol burns and flashes off at a higher rate and allows you less mileage per gallon of fuel burned

Plus - Ethanol is NOT a green solution. Talk to anyone who really understands watershed issues and chemical runoff issues and the importance of crop rotation and the true fossil fuel footprint of creating ethanol. The idea is a novel idea, and it may be good for the US economy and farmers, but it is not what it pretends to be.

I wish I knew the solution - maybe hydrogen fuel cells? All I know is it cost me $75 to fill my Durango the last time. If I bring the Truck and the boat to the gas station at the same time I bet I hit $150 in the near future.

My $2 worth...
    Dave
    If you believe something to be true, it will be - in it's consequences.

2009 MasterCraft ProStar 197 - DD - 5.7L - 325HP - Zero Off

That's true, Ben. And, it doesn't address what will happen to world food supply when farmers are growing crops for the lucrative monies willing to be paid vs. the poorer countries that cannot pay for food.
    B

they're here!!!!!

B