Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Butta's Boat

Just remember, while on Butta's Boat, no topic is taboo. Nascar, Moombas, hot wings, beer, all the sights and sounds of boating and boating accessories......it's all good

B
    Learn all you can today. Tomorrow you may need to know it!
    2004 Moomba Outback. Tower Speakers, amp, ballast, ssrr ... she's a cutie!

I am a big race fan period. Anything that has a motor and goes. My first love is Formula 1 racing. Went to the race in Indy. AWESOME. Talking about loud cars. I also like IRL, NASCAR, BUSH, Craftsman Truck, MX, GTP, GTI, GTU, Raley, you name it it is races, I will watch it. Oh can not forget Monster TRuck. I go every year with my wife and son. That fun racing. Sometime I race my gas powered RC Truck with the kids on my block. Guess who always wins!!!
    Tazz
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings
    Live life to the extreme and no less!!

I prefer to watch the races from my couch where the beer is cheep & there's no line to the restroom.
    GO BIG OR GO HOME!

lance - You owe it to yourself to at least once go to the track. Yes, it's crowded and there's a line to the john, but it's worth it. Best part is the start. Can get dull after watching them go round and round. Might be interesting to listen to the driver/crew conversations. Crashes get the crowd worked up. Tailgate parties are a blast. Do it once, then you can go back to watching from the couch. Like you say, GO BIG! - Deerfield

Lance,

I second Deer, if you can make it out to the track this coming april race I garantee I can have you drunk before you walk in the gate with some tailgate breakfast buritos and Ice cold beer.....MMMMMMMMMMM!!! Breakfast of Champions! and less money spent in gates, not to mention unless you know something I don't about how thier doing things this year should still be able to bring in rolling coolers as always. I know some tracks no longer allow this due to Jimmie Johnson/Jeff Gordon uproars ( throwing $hit load of empty beer cans at drivers on track after wins) but we should still be good here. We generally go out Fri. night for truck race then hang out in NASCAR nation Fri. night while drinking, wake up Sat. nurse hangover with more beer before and during Nationwide race ( wow that feels so weird to say) stumble from track to somewhat busy parking field, Tailgate some then go home, come back Sunday at like 7:00 a.m. Grill some breakfast burritos drink a little, I don't typically like to get to hammered on Race Day as it makes it more difficult to figure out whether Newman is in 35th or 36th, I like to be able to read clearly how bad he is doing Anyways, sorry for the rant, I know though if you could make it out you would have a blast!!!!
    Ridin' Dirty!

And, at least at LMS (Lowe's Motor Speedway), you can take coolers in and not have to spend premium prices for food and beverages.
    You really need to go to a race to experience the sight and sounds up close and personal.
    aamof, getting ready to get me busch (er, Nationwide) tickets in the next couple week. Me brother-in-law has never been to one and I'll tell you what, he takes one step inside the grandstands and sees the whole layout and he'll be hooked....I tell ya what.
    B

Headed to Bristol next weekend.
    You can take coolers inall tracks, they just have to be small and soft.

Big NASCAR fans here, especially the wife.
    It is better barefoot!

jd, deer, butta

I did go once to the races about 4 years ago, but I guess my experience just wasn't right. I had to go with my boss from work cuz he flew some clients into town for it. Needless to say I had to be on my so-called 'best behavior' that day and only sipped on 2 or 3 Bud Lights all day....UGH!! I'm definately goin to give it another shot though. Would much rather go & kick it with some buddies and have 12 or 13 Buds instead. Yup!
    GO BIG OR GO HOME!

Uh....I hate to break it to you notherners, but....Butta's OB was in the water today. I put in at Whittenburg and rode down to Oxford and back (bout 8 miles round trip). I'm gonna take a 1/2 vacation day tomorrow and do it again (70 degrees today.....mid 70's tomorrow). I'll post pics for those that either want to see or are desperate for a fix.
    She held $87.00 to fill her up (I been using some of the gas over the winter), but fired right up, with temp, oil pressure, volt, etc., right @ the mean.
    Looks like I'm picking up right where I left off. And, best I can remember, it was a VERY GOOD TIME!!!!
    Stay tuned, sack'd out....ridin' low in the water again

B

Butta definately post those Pics.... I'll be in the low 80's here tomorrow and Friday I'm gonna try to get out as well and I'll post some pics too.
    Ridin' Dirty!