Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default moomba/ski boat newb here, a few ??? about a boat I'm about to look at.....

This will be my first ski boat. Mainly going to use it to cruise, pull the kids on a tube, anchor down and let the kids swim. I have never wakeboarded though and I absolutely want to try, so obviously I don't need a monster wake. How does this boat sound and what should I look for? What would you guys pay for this boat?

Very Nice 1999 Moomba Outback , 330 HP Indmar, 443 Hours, Tower, Racks, Dual Batteries, Tower Speakers, Never Been In Salt Water (Lake Austin, Lake Travis, and Lake Georgetown only) and Single Axle Trailer. Excellent Condition, Garage Kept and Looks Brand New. Please email me for any questions or additional pictures.

Boat side bimini up.jpgWe just bought a 2002 Outback LS in March with similar stuff but no tower speakers, 255 hrs., very clean for $17k. That looks pretty clean too. Our market is central California and we had a few other brands to choose from. I am very happy with the Moomba brand.
    2002 Outback LS

I've been very happy with my Outback. Great wake for skiing...most storage of any tournament boat I've ever been on. If wakeboarding is more your thing I would look at a V Drive. One thing I did notice in the picture is it looks like the boat is missing the ski pylon in front of the engine box (maybe its just the pic but cant see it). That would suck if your in to slalom skiing. If just recreational skiing no big deal...ski from the tower or the rear tow eye.
    Pat L
    2005 Outback
    Leonardtown, Maryland

He removed it, I'm not interested in slalom so no big deal. Just saw it and it's very clean, hull shines like new. Couple small tears in back seat otherwise it's clean. Boat sounded good. He wants 15k, is this price out of line?

Seems a little high, but check the nada or Kelly blue book.

http://www.nadaguides.com/Boats/1999...CK-SK/10123627
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Where are you located? Definitely take a lake test with the owner and I'd be happy to check it out with ya if you'd like and we are close.

Sent from my home phone..
    Jason

Go Hard or Go Home.......it's MOOMBA time!!

2009 Moomba Mobius LSV

Get a V Drive
    Kraig - 2010 Outback V

Agree with Kraig...if slalom not really your thing then V-Drive is much better choice. Concur with Joe price seems a little on the high side but it is a very clean looking boat.
    Pat L
    2005 Outback
    Leonardtown, Maryland

V drive really isn't in the budget now. This is really just more of a pleasure boat. If I find that I really enjoy wake boarding we will upgrade in a few years. Thanks for all the replies. The boat is really super clean, the negatives are a few rips in the seats and the rpm gauge didn't work while it was on the hose. The hull looked better than some 5 year old boats and engine was very clean. All he's ever done is change oil so I plan a major tune up which I'll do. Plugs, wires, cap/rotor, impeller, fuel filter, oil/tranny fluid change. Anything else I should do?

Honestly, for your intended use, and a v drive is not in the budget, you would be happier with an I/O, a runabout. Then upgrade to a V drive in the future. In my book, the ONLY reason to get a direct drive is if you are a die hard slalom skier and you must have the flattest wake at the expense of everything else.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV