Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Updated underwater transom lighting

Added the 2 additional lights on the weekend, so here's what I've got so far.

IMG_0395.jpg; Boat pic 4.jpg; Boat pic 5.jpg; Boat pic 6.jpg; Boat pic 3.jpg

The 2 additional lights are still below the water line, and punching the whole through the transom was still contained within the storage compartment, just above the ballast bag feed lines.

Was then able to tie the wiring to the back side of the ballast bag feed lines to keep them out of sight for other than a small wire coming through inside.

This was the flatest surface that existed on the transom in order to maximize straight out light dispersion. The are just slightly off 90 degrees hence why they are not as straight as the centre.

Then tied into the existing wiring that was in place for the first light, and "voila" (that's french).

Thought about other locations, but the centre light is already quite bright so wanted to create a larger area of light.

Night pictures forthcoming after July long weekend.

Until then...

2008 LSV
    Lumitech SeaBlaze 3
    Amphibian Pro A6

Looks awesome, should light up the wave nicely if you want to do some night surfing.
    -2012 Supra Launch 21V
    -2008 Mobius LSV

Nice looking leds never noticed the mobvone on the back.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

this install I really like. Those two oval looking likes on the port and starboard side of the transom are very nice. much better profile than something else I've seen. I'm interested to see your night pictures, bet it looks great. Have any pictures of the actual holes you drilled for each light?

Justin
    2008 Supra 21V
    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2008 Supra 21V-Currently For Sale

It's just a 3/8 hole like the manufacturer recommends. Sorry no picture of it. Very simple install.

Hopefully night pictures coming in 2 weeks.

were you crying when you drilled some holes into the back of your boat? or were you slightly intox and said " F*#& IT, lets do this" haha
    2004 Outback Blue/white w/5.7 indmar 350, Direct Drive
    Rockford fasgate cabins
    Rockford fasgate 500w amp (cabin) and a kenwood HU (kmr700u)
    Exile XM7's
    Exile Harpoon
    Exile ZLD
    Polk 10in sub (2)
    Polk P330 amp (subs)

All of the above.

It's like beating your child. Sometimes it needs to be done, but you hate to do it...(that was humour)

All,
    I've been clicking on every UW LED thread from Supra to Moomba and this is the best picture I could find to ask my question.
    I have a 2008 Supra Launch 21V and I would like to put my UW LED in the same Port / Starboard location as the Moomba above ( MikeMork ). But in my access area ( next to the motor ) doesn't go below the waterline. Was this the case with the installation above and what modification was needed to run the wires to this location?

Appreciate the input!

Greatness... Mobyone!!!!
    '08 Mobius LS. Sold
    '18 Craz "TypeO"
    REV10's, Revo6 xss, Kicker10, Kicker 12 CompR, various LED's

Sorry for the delayed response. Yes the Supra has a different transom design than what the Moomba has. If I recall your is a lot flatter. It was pure luck that it works for the Moomba, as my alternate solution was to have to drill into the hull and then up into the storage lockers.

But double check as I was quite surprised how deep the lockers were and that it actually was below the water line. Definitely a 2 person job to help make these steps easier. Probably a 2 beer job to do this step.