Default Another Gravity III question

I have a 2009 mobius with the gravity III package (three seperate pumps). Out on the boat yesterday and none of the three pumps would work. When I got home I removed the cover panel and checked the impellers and they are fine. When I flip the toggle switch (either way) the led just blinks and the motor makes a small noise like it is trying to turn but can't. I cant believe all three pumps burned up at the exact same time. The motor reacting makes me think they are getting power. I am at a loss. It does the same thing when on acc or the run setting of the ignition switch.

So, anyone got any ideas how to troubleshoot this further?

Thanks
    Byron
    2009 Mobius LSV, Wakeplate, Gravity III, Z5, Dual Batteries, Roswell Tower Speaker/lightbar combo, 12" Sub, Kenwood head unit, KAC 7204 amp, KAC X40 amp, 6 Kicker in boat coaxials, Pro Mariner Charger, Evolution cover.

Wow. 73 views and not one reply. Well, I feel a little less stupid. Anybody know if the timers could possibly be broken? Should I try disconnecting the battery to reset them. What about the blinking of the LED's. Do the number of blinks represent what the problem may be? Anyone feel free to throw anything out there. I am at a loss.

Thanks again
    Byron
    2009 Mobius LSV, Wakeplate, Gravity III, Z5, Dual Batteries, Roswell Tower Speaker/lightbar combo, 12" Sub, Kenwood head unit, KAC 7204 amp, KAC X40 amp, 6 Kicker in boat coaxials, Pro Mariner Charger, Evolution cover.

Voltage issue? They have some minimums. I have vision dash and can See more info than programming with the switch flipping method. But the timer module may be bad.
    I wonder if you could hard wire one to see if it runs.
    A friend with an mc bypassed his timers.
    Brad

2011 Launch 21V Sold... boatless replaced with a Jeep JKUR
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV sold
    2004 Outback sold

How many blinks? Yes they are useful and not just pretty. Do you have dual batteries? It sounds like they are not getting enough juice to run. I suspect they are blinking 4 times.

Edit I just read your signature which notes dual battery. I suggest you hook up an external charger to the battery the ballast pumps are connected to and bring it back up to full charge.
    Last edited by KSmith; 07-05-2012 at 07:26 AM.
    Kraig - 2010 Outback V

try running the pumps when the boat is runninng and batteries combined and see if that works
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Ok. Thanks guys for the help. There is 13.6 volts coming out of the timers. When I turn it on fill or empty with the voltmeter hooked up, it reads 13.6 for about 10-15 seconds then drops to zero. Then the LED blinks 3 times. I can then switch to the other (fill/empty) it does the same. Cuts out after 10-15 sec.and then 3 blinks.

Then I plug in the motor, and the motors make a brief sound but don't kick on. Considering bypassing the timers. Any opinions?

Update. The LED's are blinking twice now when I attempt to kick the motors on. But occasionally they kick the motors on. I am not on the water so don't know if they would fill or not. Might have to put it in the water this afternoon to see what it will do.

Two blinks is high amperage.

I would still have the batteries charged and tested. I had a very similar issue this year and I charged up both batteries with my on board charger I'd installed, problem went away. I think these pumps need a ton of voltage/amps to get spinning and even though I could get mine to growl they just wouldn't fully start until I topped off both batteries. My dash gauge had not shown any issues with battery voltage but it wouldn't work until I topped off the batteries. I have a ProMariner dual bank on board charger and let them cook for a couple days. No issues since.

Go here. Page 44

http://www.moomba.com/downloads/owne.../moomba_09.pdf

You may also want to check the connections on the pump mounting board for the power cables & pump screw terminals, and too the other end by the batteries and breaker to make sure all the connections are tight
    Kraig - 2010 Outback V