Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mobius LSV Wake

Default Mobius LSV Wake

OK,

So I know this is a really subjective question, but hows the wake on a LSV for slalom skiing? Mind you we are recreational skiers and will be coming from an I/O, so that is our comparison. My wife is the big slalom skier in the family and usually skis at about 30mph.

We are looking at the LSV for size and because I like to wakeboard and my girls want to learn to surf. Hopefully we can get all that out of one boat.

I'm looking at a 2011 or 2012 LSV right now. We will definitely demo one before purchasing too.

Thoughts? Thanks for the input.

Ron

Get one with a wake plate, put the plate down to help lift the back of the boat out of the water, move people to the bow and you will have a serviceable slalom wake. Certainly not tournament quality, but good for recreational skiing.

Easy trade off IMO as you can't even compare the wakeboard wake to an I/O and you can't surf at all.

Where are you located Ron?

We are in Sugar Land, TX, outside of Houston. Looks like a couple of people on here are pretty close to us. We mainly run the San Bernard River a little south of us.

Definitely looking at the LSV with the wake plate and some ballast. Thanks for the input.

Don't discount the Outback V. It is only a foot and a half shorter and 100 pounds lighter than the LSV, and puts down a good crossover slalom wake when equipt with the wakeplate. Check out the 2001 Outback V Multisport video. http://www.moomba.com/video/
    Kraig - 2010 Outback V

I'd lay even money the LSV wake with the plate is as good as or better than your I/O wake. But, the surfing and wakeboarding would be worth it anyway as it is good enough. You'll also find your wife gets more into the surfing and wakeboarding once you get this boat. It's the finest "do everything" boat you can get.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I have and 05 lsv same hull as new outback, and I do think that my wake is very poor for slalom skiing. It is workable but I used to have an older malibu sunsetter direct drive, and there was no comparison on the wake. If you try and be aggressive with my new boat get ready for small hard falls. It is awesome for wakeboarding and surfing but slalom skiing well let say I my only ride a few times a year behind it.
    2017 Helix

Wakemakers 1050s
    Bow bag ( Surf edition)
    Autowake

Actually the 05 LSV would have the same hull as the 06-08 Outback V. From 2009 to Current the Outback V has a new hull. The Outback DD is a great slalom boat!
    Kraig - 2010 Outback V

Above is correct regarding model years and hull design. And, you simply can't compare a DD wake to a Vdrive wake. They are different animals. If you're looking for boats that do it all well, then the advice on the OBV and LSV are spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    Above is correct regarding model years and hull design. And, you simply can't compare a DD wake to a Vdrive wake. They are different animals. If you're looking for boats that do it all well, then the advice on the OBV and LSV are spot on.
    Thought my 07 OBV was a pretty decent slalom wake, ithink a member her in IN runs the OG OBV through the courses no problem. The lsv will be very recreation skiing without the hard cuts.. my .02
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Agreed, JV. With the plate down, peeps to the front and 30+ mph, I had a friend who used to perform at Sea World tell me the wake was just fine for slalom skiing. But, it's all what one is used to when comparing. I don't slalom, so my opinion isn't worth much.