Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by loudsubz View Post
    Dealer does winterizing and storage, I just pull the bags, remove the impeller and cover so no water is in the units. By the looks of the corrosion it looks like a seal failed and water entered from the pump housing.
    very interesting< looks very strange for your type of application, i have similar, hope its not a common occurence
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

Quote Originally Posted by DOCDRS View Post
    very interesting< looks very strange for your type of application, i have similar, hope its not a common occurence
    Me neither!

I also have an odd feeling it may have been caused by the dealer. From day one we had issues with the centre pump putting a lot of air into the bag, so in 2011 we had the dealer look at it while it was being stored and in the spring the issue was still there and noticed they had used a piece of copper pipe to join the 2 pieces of pipe where they had worked on the ballast piping, and not even used a hose barb, so that's why I have an inkling to believe they may have messed with the pump as well in an attempt to fix the issue and may have not put it back together properly.