Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Butthead beat me to it. My first thought was that I want to see some of that big ole corn at the Sinclair Jam. Hope you get some in by then. I had some on the grill last w/e. Not sure where it was from as somebody else brought it. It was incredibly sweet. Made me miss the midwest for about 5 min.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Nice JMB.

So what could I go put in the ground right now for eatin? I need another hobby.
    -Mark
    2005 LSV
    Tow w/:
    Volkswagen Touareg V8
    Mods: Stereo, Stainless Cup Holders and Thru Hulls, Chrome Steering Wheel, EZ Nets, Moomba Etched Cleats

"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, bc your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."

-John Wooden

You can still put anything in the ground right now. Rattlesnake beans do well in the heat. Okra does well also. Just plant and keep it watered
    Jack Beams
    '05 Outback DD
    325HP EFI Indmar

Ok, so I went and bought okra. I'll keep you guys updated. This should be good.
    -Mark
    2005 LSV
    Tow w/:
    Volkswagen Touareg V8
    Mods: Stereo, Stainless Cup Holders and Thru Hulls, Chrome Steering Wheel, EZ Nets, Moomba Etched Cleats

"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, bc your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."

-John Wooden

Cool! Okra will kind of take care of itself. Just keep it weeded while its young and then it will shoot up and go for it. Not to hard to take care of!
    Jack Beams
    '05 Outback DD
    325HP EFI Indmar

Quote Originally Posted by WaterBullDawg1980 View Post
    I need another hobby.
    That's what I was thinking till I took up changing BMW waterpumps and cooling hoses the other day and again today. Ugggghhhh. No time to plant this year. I'll have to scrounge off those that did.
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Okra is in the ground. No signs of life. Will report later.

Luckily we have a farmer we visit a mile up the road. Everything is organic and literally half the price to what you would pay in the store.
    -Mark
    2005 LSV
    Tow w/:
    Volkswagen Touareg V8

-John Wooden

Shoot, half price. Sometimes it's better to buy it from him than grow it. Now I did have some birds pluck out some of my okra seed. That made me mad and had to replant the skips. Should come up in about a week. BMW???? I don't think I would want to do a water pump on that now.
    Jack Beams
    '05 Outback DD
    325HP EFI Indmar

I was waiting for Jack to tell us about the beer can crow he's been dining on after they got in his okra.
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Yeah its a great deal and I love supporting him. He is no love less than 80 wears overalls and has skin made of pure leather. Good people. $1 for a seedless watermelon. Picked up 5 of them today.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    -Mark
    2005 LSV
    Tow w/:
    Volkswagen Touareg V8

-John Wooden