Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Very nice!

And wait, how did no one comment on the monster truck in the background?!?!?! What's the scoop?
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

lol..That was the picture the guy posted on the for sale ad. He owned a towing company .....and a monster truck that he gave rides in at fairs and whatnot. It took me a little while to notice the monster truck when I looked at the ad on oodle. Haha
    -Eric
    1998 Outback

Got a few pics from the repair man on the transom repair. You can see the floor is in but he is waiting on more resin to cover the entire floor. As for the transom, that is a sheet of 3/4" plywood glassed to the transom and one side has an extra reinforcing piece for the platform to bolt to and the other side is prepped for the same. I'm just hoping the gas tank still fits in there with the extra 1 1/2" of wood on the transom.

Also here's the pylon mount I had made out of stainless. The factory one is just painted steel and was rusted all to hell.
    -Eric
    1998 Outback

Sweet mount!!! (Wow, I haven't spoken those words since college.)
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Any thought as to using Starboard or any other material that is not wood? Also, di he glass the bottom of the floor before installing?
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier

Wow! Thanks for posting those pics. I thought mine was in bad shape when I got it! Your really going the extra mile. It will be like a new boat when you get her done. Are you going to go ahead and get in painted before assembly?

5172010117.jpg
    a1.jpg
    IMG_0890.jpg
    Carpet.jpg
    1998 Moomba Outback - Indmar Assualt - Black Aerial Assault Tower - 10 inch KENWOOD Sub, amp, and Head unit - ACME prop - New interior - de-stickered - re-finished Gel-coat

Quote Originally Posted by maxpower220 View Post
    Any thought as to using Starboard or any other material that is not wood? Also, di he glass the bottom of the floor before installing?
    Yea, I never gave it much thought about using any other material than wood. I talked to my dad and we were considering doing all the work ourselves, especially after watching quite a few of FriscoJarretts videos on YouTube. Even once I found the soft spot we were just considering repairing that one area. Once we talked to this guy we just decided to take it to him since neither of us had really done any fiberglass work and he said he would uncap it, replace the whole floor, repair the transom, and do all the gelcoat work. He used to be the foreman in the fiberglass shop of some boat manufacturer, forget which one.

He said he would encapsulate the whole floor in resin, especially under the bottom where most people forget or just don't do it. He also replaced all the foam under the deck with closed-cell foam which apparently wasn't used from the factory because all the foam was completely saturated, or it had just broken down and absorbed water.

Quote Originally Posted by outback98 View Post
    Wow! Thanks for posting those pics. I thought mine was in bad shape when I got it! Your really going the extra mile. It will be like a new boat when you get her done. Are you going to go ahead and get in painted before assembly?

5172010117.jpg
    a1.jpg
    IMG_0890.jpg
    Carpet.jpg
    I plan on wet sanding and polishing the rest of the boat once i get it back. Wow, yours looks great! I just hope mine turns out that well.
    -Eric
    1998 Outback

If you were ever considering some hidden ballast tanks in the floor, now would have been/would be the time to do it! Talk about custom - could get really creative and do a flood gate system!
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Progress!!!
    I wish these were in better focus but hey, he's a boat repair man, not a photographer.

-Eric
    1998 Outback

-Eric
    1998 Outback