Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Very Nice man, Congrats on all of the work!! The pad is next on my list also, was it easy to put on?
    1998 Outback

Quote Originally Posted by moombacraze View Post
    The SeaDeck looks great in the grey and black! The boat has turn out amazing! Great work. This has been a fun thread to follow! Thanks again.
    Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    Yea, I've really enjoyed following it too. I had a 2000 Outback and loved it but we just outgrew it. 8 people every time out plus surf bags on the floor was just too much. But, I sure miss the speed sometimes. She's fun to drive, ain't she?
    She is very fun to drive and pretty quick! Over the winter im going to add a tower so I can actually accommodate more people when towing someone.
    Quote Originally Posted by BGeorge01 View Post
    Very Nice man, Congrats on all of the work!! The pad is next on my list also, was it easy to put on?
    It was super easy to install. I watched the seadek vids on YouTube before I did it.
    -Eric
    1998 Outback

I put a tower on mine. My albums show pics of it in my living room. I was a lot more excited than Mrs. Kane was-- she actually cried when I brought the "junk" Moomba (Outback LS) home even though I spent $10,500 on it.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Back from the dead!!............with a quick update.

Decided on a New Dimension Tower w/ Bimini last spring and enjoyed it all last summer. Just can't seem to find any in the lake...

I have another project I'll share once I get the rest of the pics sorted and uploaded to Photobucket but I do have a couple I'll leave as a hint...

-Eric
    1998 Outback

With Bimini..

And as for the hint on the other project..Thanks to Great Lakes Skipper for having too much crap I don't need....

-Eric
    1998 Outback

looks great already, can't wait to see the rest. Why don't they have a movie called the "Boat Money Pit"? that's where all mine seems to go!
    2017 Centurion Ri237
    2013 Supra SA450 - Sold
    2006 Mobius LSV - Sold
    2004 Stingray 190LS - Sold
    2016 Nissan Titan XD - Tow Rig

She still looks fantastic. Now get busy on the trailer (after the dash project).
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Hey there. I was admiring your work as I prepare to go much of the same on my 98 Outback. I'm going to start with some gelcoat oxidation fixes. Just curious, when you did your initial wet sanding and buffing that was at the beginning of your thread, how did you get around the trailer wheel fenders and side guides? Did you move the boat on the trailer or raise it up and move the trailer? The only other thing I can think of is good old fashioned elbow grease and do the sanding and buffing by hand.

Thanks

Karl

I got everything I could around the fenders. I was able to get by the guide posts with everything fine, just had to polish from both sides of them. I put it in the water for a test and when I loaded it on the trailer I left it off the bow roller enough (like 2 ft)to get the sides of the boat behind the fenders. Luckily my test lake wasn't far from home, it's weird pulling a boat hanging off the trailer. When done I just winched it back up snug. Kind of a pita but if you want to get everything... I suppose you could also tie it it a tree or something and pull the trailer out from under it.
    -Eric
    1998 Outback

Wow, great look. I copied all your pics a while back in case I upgrade mine. The tower is so much better than the stock one. Was the dash made from a mold of your old one? I like the new gauges. I have to say that my fiberglas is holding up real well with the metal-flake finish and all. Some people think it is a newer boat.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD