Default Sirius - tied to hu or the sat tuner?

Hi guys, My Kenwood HU has a bad RCA output for one of the channels. Hence I am thinking about changing out the HU to a newer one, and one that has an iPod interface.

My question is this: Does the SIRIUS subscription have a tie into the actual HU or is the Kenwood Satellite Tuner what has the serial number that the subscription is tied to?

i.e. can I change out my HU and keep receiving my SIRIUs subscription or do I have to transfer it over to the new HU?
    2017 Moomba Craz

The SAT subscription is linked to the SID on the SAT receiver, BUT, the receivers are brand specific as well as the interface cable. So if you chnage head-unit brands, you will need a new receiver and cable. If you stay with K/W, I dont think you need to do anything.

Quote Originally Posted by MLA View Post
    The SAT subscription is linked to the SID on the SAT receiver, BUT, the receivers are brand specific as well as the interface cable. So if you chnage head-unit brands, you will need a new receiver and cable. If you stay with K/W, I dont think you need to do anything.
    Thanks! I think I'll stay with Kenwood and go with the KMR-550
    2017 Moomba Craz

So I bought a Kenwood KMR-550U and installed it on Sat. Awesome tuner! The only catch is that this is a Sirius XM tuer and I have one of the older Kenwood KTC-SR902 Sirius tuners and it has a different cable/plug that doesn't mate up with my tuner. Do they make a adapter/cable to hook the two together?
    2017 Moomba Craz