Thread: IMovie users

Default IMovie users

So after looking at mcpracing video edit using iMovie I became super curious as to the inner workings of iMovie. I'm a Mac guy but never really played with iMovie. His super sweet video got me curious so I started messing around with iMovie at about midnight last night. Any one else using it?

I've made 2 videos with it so far and ill start off by saying its not very user friendly in my opinion. Now this may be because I've never used it before but now I'm on a mission to master this thing. Most every iApplication ive ever used is very user friendly so I'm kind of discouraged right now but will play with it some more.

Second thing I've noticed is the videos I am trying to make are from my iPhone video camera and when I drag the video over to iMovie to make the video the end result is a very small video screen. I'm guessing this is because the video was shot with the iPhone but one would thing you could get a full screen video and not this little screen crap, really ruins the effect I'm looking for. Any iMovie users out there know if there is a fix for this? I'll shoot the next video with my Nikon camera and hopefully the screen resolution will be full size.

Give your opinions/experience with iMovie here and if you use some other video editing software lets chat it up in this thread. I know some gopro users were asking about video software awhile back. My brother has a gopro and I will get some video from it this weekend and see if it's compatible with iMovie.

I'm trying to find the clips I made so far to post them in this thread but having a little issue locating them!!
    Last edited by jpetty3023; 06-07-2012 at 07:38 PM.
    Jason

Go Hard or Go Home.......it's MOOMBA time!!

2009 Moomba Mobius LSV

Here's the second video i made. Don't be too harsh on the critiques, I've barely got the hang of this-:m
    http://youtu.be/LLkFW-HJ4Nc

1st attempt at my career as a producer
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Sr25OAIOZjM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Last edited by jpetty3023; 06-07-2012 at 08:05 PM.
    Jason

2009 Moomba Mobius LSV

^^ stupid youtube, hope this link will work

http://youtu.be/Sr25OAIOZjM
    Jason

2009 Moomba Mobius LSV

I actually found iMovie pretty easy to use, but I wasn't using any of the advanced features. Pretty much imported the iPhone video, removed the background noise, added a few stills at the end and added the background music. I did have to google how to remove the sound though. Are you authoring/exporting the video correctly? I had no problems with screen size with a video taken from my iPhone. There are some great tutorials online on how to do simple things.
    -Ryan
    twitter.com/WakeVideos
    2000 Mobius V
    Monster Tower MT2 - 750 rears, GG 1180 center - PP Wakeboard Edition

I shot the video with iPhone, saved videos to iPhoto, then iMovie pulls the video from iPhoto. Is this the way you do it? I shot the video with the phone vertically and might need to shoot horizontally to get the full screen. As you can see in my videos posted above it sucks to have that small of a video
    Jason

2009 Moomba Mobius LSV

Shoot horizontally for sure.
    -2012 Supra Launch 21V
    -2008 Mobius LSV

I bought my Mac in 2009 just for the iMovie and it works well and I think your phone is the limitation as my regular camera does OK. The only issue I had is the system wouldn't save the file in HD which I'm sure they all do now.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by jpetty3023 View Post
    I shot the video with iPhone, saved videos to iPhoto, then iMovie pulls the video from iPhoto. Is this the way you do it? I shot the video with the phone vertically and might need to shoot horizontally to get the full screen. As you can see in my videos posted above it sucks to have that small of a video
    I did not pull it in from iPhoto, just did file open and selected the video I saved to my desktop and went from there.
    -Ryan
    twitter.com/WakeVideos
    2000 Mobius V
    Monster Tower MT2 - 750 rears, GG 1180 center - PP Wakeboard Edition