Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Job Wanted

Good work if you can get it I guess! Berg... wern't you thinking about moving to Texas? Maybe we can find you one of those "easy money" jobs if you do.
    '08 Mobius LS. Sold
    '18 Craz "TypeO"
    REV10's, Revo6 xss, Kicker10, Kicker 12 CompR, various LED's

Abso-freakin-lutely. I talk about moving to Central/Northern TX daily.

Been doing some soul searching and justifying making it happen. It looks like a 2 year window at this point before I'll be in prime shape to go for it. By June 2014 all our vehicles will be paid off, the house will hopefully fair better market value wise so we can sell or refi down and rent it, the kids will be transitioning schools from elementary to middle, or to HS, or be done. Mom works from home so location doesn't really matter as long as we have an airport not too far away.

So basically just up to me to find a good gig!
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Sounds awesome Berg, best of luck and go for it!
    Kraig - 2010 Outback V

C'mon down Berg.

Sent from my home phone..
    Jason

Go Hard or Go Home.......it's MOOMBA time!!

2009 Moomba Mobius LSV

So get this. Had 1st interview on phone with a place early this month. Passed. (Locally, not TX)
    Second interview face to face with HR and staffer a week after. Passed
    Third interview face to face with Management Team another week after. Passed.
    Took a writing and competency test following that. Passed.
    Had a third and final face to face interview scheduled with the President Monday morning first thing.

Got an email Friday evening cancelling it. Said they are reconsidering the position and possibly restructuring it and they'll get back to me.

WTF!!! I subtly took a lot of time off work and jumped through a lot of hoops for this place. What a load of crap!

Wow... sounds like they need to get themselves together before wasting peoples time! Sorry man.
    '08 Mobius LS. Sold
    '18 Craz "TypeO"
    REV10's, Revo6 xss, Kicker10, Kicker 12 CompR, various LED's

Dang Berg that's is crap. Sorry man, they really shouldn't be treating people like that. The world is strange it truely is. I have had drawn out all day interviews, call backs, round three call backs, round table interviews with all hands, written and oral tests and yet at other times I can meet a couple people and have an offer by the end of the day... I have been run through the technical wringer at times and yet at others have not had one technical question asked more difficult than can yiou spell SQL... it is a strange world out there...

Must be why I love it on my boat, simple rules, it all makes sense
    Kraig - 2010 Outback V

I always try to keep in mind that you are interviewing the company as much as they are interviewing you. Don't want to be stuck at a place that you dread working at.
    2018 Max with a little extra weight here and there

So true Boon-

Only reason I'm looking is my company has changed a lot since the owner retired early due to health problems couple years ago. Environment has gone steadily downhill since then, lots of people have left, very few have been replaced, etc. And now the d!psh!t in charge (his brother-in-law) goes around puffing out his chest about how "moral is at an all time high".

Right - that's why almost half the company has already abandoned ship and the other half is looking.

Berg, you ever seen Horrible Bosses? Your new boss sounds like the son who took over the company after his dad died.
    Funny but probably not if you are in the situation.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    -Mark
    2005 LSV
    Tow w/:
    Volkswagen Touareg V8
    Mods: Stereo, Stainless Cup Holders and Thru Hulls, Chrome Steering Wheel, EZ Nets, Moomba Etched Cleats

"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, bc your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."

-John Wooden