Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Box Anchor

i'd buy one
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Petty the welds on your anchor look as bad as mine. I used the anchor last saturday and I will admit, that mug works!! It was dug in real good and took a couple minutes for me to pull it up. Thought my arms were going to snap off at my elbows. I just hope it lasts and doesn't turn to rust in a couple seasons
    2009 LSV Liquid Force Edition
    - Gravity III - Upgraded 900lb rear locker
    - Z5 Rack
    - ACME 1847
    - Polk MM6501UM - Kicker IX500.4
    - Kicker CompVX 12" - Kicker IX1000.1
    - Pair Wetsounds Rev 10s - JL Audio HD750/1
    - RGB LEDs

You ain't lying brother, things as ugly as dusty's mom after Kane, KG, E4, and Chawk all got done with her last Friday night but it holds better than a Florida gator holding on to the memories of its last championship season and is cheaper than my BMW repair bill!!

I literally felt like I just got done with a 6 mile run after an hour in the gym. I'm thinking I'm gonna need to invest in some really good dry anchor rope!!

Sent from my home phone..
    Jason

Go Hard or Go Home.......it's MOOMBA time!!

2009 Moomba Mobius LSV

You covered all the bases there except saying Texas BBQ is better than Memphis or ole south. Good for you. Was just watching your new Texas show on DVR with the girls. Believe it's called "Dallas". Ouch. It's so lame I think it was actually written by Jerry Jones.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Petty, when was that last TX Championship?? I believe we've had 2 since then! Heh...

And Memphis BBQ > ALL! I haven't found any good BBQ since I left...pretty much the only thing I miss about that place...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SOLD! 2011 Mobius LSV 325HP EFI
    Digital Cruise Pro, Wakeplate, Kenwood KM550U and KCA-RC107MR x2, Kicker ZXM700.5, Kicker 6.5 Cabins, 10'' Kicker CompVT sub, Wetsounds SYN 4, Wetsounds REV10s, Wetsounds WS420Q, Gravity VI Surf Ballast, Acme 537

Board: '12 LF Harley (Monster) 139
    Her Board: '11 Ronix Krush 128
    Kids Board: '13 Ronix Vision 120
    Skate: LF Faction 44
    Surf: LF Custom Quad & XXX

Tow Rig:
    2011 Toyota Tundra CrewMax TRD Magnetic Grey
    3/1 Truxx Lift, and some other stuff...

Reviving an old thread here - sounds like the box anchor can be a biznatch to pull off the bottom or was that sort of a fluke?

I wasn't having much luck staying put this last week of vacation with winds kicking up overnight which resulted in some sleepless hours. I had two anchors out - a 25lb with claws and a 30lb pyramid weight and I was still slipping around some. I'm looking at upgrading but wondering if the box is overkill.

Also, does it fold up pretty compact for storage?

Anything else you guys don't like about it?
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

IMO, the box anchor is not difficult to pull up. The trick is to be directly over the anchor. It's a bitch if you are anywhere other than straight overhead to do how well it holds. Once you are above it, it releases pretty easily due to the design, however..it's just a heavy anchor to pull up the rest of the way.

I wouldn't trade mine for any other type of anchor.
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    Reviving an old thread here - sounds like the box anchor can be a biznatch to pull off the bottom or was that sort of a fluke?

I wasn't having much luck staying put this last week of vacation with winds kicking up overnight which resulted in some sleepless hours. I had two anchors out - a 25lb with claws and a 30lb pyramid weight and I was still slipping around some. I'm looking at upgrading but wondering if the box is overkill.

Also, does it fold up pretty compact for storage?

Anything else you guys don't like about it?
    Maybe if you are a big ol' whimp!

If you don't want to move then you need a solid anchor. I LOVE our box anchor and would never use anything else. Yeah sometimes it can be heavy and requires some extra hmmmph to get it up but put your back into it and pull! It does fold up but that can be a pain. I leave mine assembled and put it under the bow seat in front of the observers seat.

It's worth it! Get it!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SOLD! 2011 Mobius LSV 325HP EFI
    Digital Cruise Pro, Wakeplate, Kenwood KM550U and KCA-RC107MR x2, Kicker ZXM700.5, Kicker 6.5 Cabins, 10'' Kicker CompVT sub, Wetsounds SYN 4, Wetsounds REV10s, Wetsounds WS420Q, Gravity VI Surf Ballast, Acme 537

Board: '12 LF Harley (Monster) 139
    Her Board: '11 Ronix Krush 128
    Kids Board: '13 Ronix Vision 120
    Skate: LF Faction 44
    Surf: LF Custom Quad & XXX

Tow Rig:
    2011 Toyota Tundra CrewMax TRD Magnetic Grey
    3/1 Truxx Lift, and some other stuff...

I've used mine more than 15 times since purchasing and it's been a breeze all except for the first time. Like Dusty said, long as your line is straight up it comes up easy. That first time was a real beeach thou, again a testament to how well it's designed.

As far as storage, it folds up real slim but is a bit long. Comes with an anchor bag to put anchor in and with my 09 LSV it goes under the bow cushions with no issue at all. I let two of my buddies use mine at the lake one day and they have both since bought their own.

Won't own another type anchor ever again!!

Sent from my home phone..
    Jason

Go Hard or Go Home.......it's MOOMBA time!!

2009 Moomba Mobius LSV

I agree with the prior 3