Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: time to sell?

Default time to sell?

soooo i found a nice summer car i want and in order for me to buy it i would have to sell my boat to pay off my two loans i have ( motorcycle and snowmobile )and maybe even sell my bike after i pay the loan off..it will suck but i guess i will get more use out of the car then my boat..even more so since i work 3pm to 1130 pm and i have every other weekend off ..and of course i have army drill on one of those weekends a month...i want to put her up for 20G$..im about to replace the seats in the boat..she has about 360? hours and every speaker in that boat was replaced with rockford fosgate speakers..seem like a good number to start at?..i have a guy whos family lives down the street and i swear at least 3 times that summer he asked me if i was selling the boat.soo i might sell it to him
    2004 Outback Blue/white w/5.7 indmar 350, Direct Drive
    Rockford fasgate cabins
    Rockford fasgate 500w amp (cabin) and a kenwood HU (kmr700u)
    Exile XM7's
    Exile Harpoon
    Exile ZLD
    Polk 10in sub (2)
    Polk P330 amp (subs)

time to sell? No

a car is just a car-most everyone has one

a boat is a lifestyle that most want to live
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

What is a "summer" car? What is difference between a summer car and a motorcycle?

Regardless of what you keep or sell, debt is bad. Strive to pay cash for everything. If you don't have the funds for it, then save up until you do. Living debt free is the best thing I have ever done. Yes, I had a lifestyle of loans and payments on everything. For some reason, I changed my way of thinking, changed my priorities, and have been basically debt free for 5 1/2 yrs.
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier

Quote Originally Posted by moombadaze View Post
    time to sell? No

a car is just a car-most everyone has one

a boat is a lifestyle that most want to live

^^^^ Exactly ^^^^
    Kraig - 2010 Outback V

If you dont have time to use the boat then its a no brainer. Sell it and when time free's up get another one.

I agree... pay off a loan!!! I say this because if the thought even crosses your mind to sell the boat without making you want to vomit, then the love affair is over!
    '08 Mobius LS. Sold
    '18 Craz "TypeO"
    REV10's, Revo6 xss, Kicker10, Kicker 12 CompR, various LED's

Quote Originally Posted by chawk610 View Post
    if the thought even crosses your mind to sell the boat without making you want to vomit, then the love affair is over!
    Not how I would have put it buuuutt good point. It is a lifestyle, not just a toy.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Stay away from loans. Hopefully, you will get enough from the boat to pay off the loans. Summer car? Car prices are at a high right now especially with summer coming on. My Jeep Wrangler is worth about 1/3 more than when I paid for it in 2009. Liquidate what you don't use, pay cash for items you can't get a tax write off, sell when everyone is buying and buy when everyone is selling. Recessions are a great time to buy.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

my " summer car " im looking at is a tastefully modded 2003 mustang cobra with under 20,000 miles on her and wants 26G for it...i want to get a summer car due to the fact with my truck (paid off) i am only getting around 15mpg on a good day and i drive about 20 miles to work each day and i go through gas like tomorrow..i love my bike but i like to go fast on her and i know i will do something dumb on her again( laid my bike down once before doing wheelies in traffic..dumb i know) so i just want to relax with a nice summer car and take her to the car shows with my buddys cars ( 2 2006 gtos, and a 2000 camaro z28 police interceptor)
    2004 Outback Blue/white w/5.7 indmar 350, Direct Drive
    Rockford fasgate cabins
    Rockford fasgate 500w amp (cabin) and a kenwood HU (kmr700u)
    Exile XM7's
    Exile Harpoon
    Exile ZLD
    Polk 10in sub (2)
    Polk P330 amp (subs)

Your basically going from one Toy to Another!!!!! 2003 Mustang Cobra Blue Books for 26???? I question that.... Gas mileage better???? Question that too...
    I get it, its time to change from the boat. Make sure your going to enjoy the New Toy as much as you Used to enjoy the boat......Good Luck Man
    Rick
    2002 Moomba Mobius V