Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default I think I need a bigger garage door!

We didn't get back home from Falls Lake until late Sunday night, so I figured that I would deal with putting the boat up the next morning. So Monday morning, I go out and am backing the boat into the garage and I hear a pop. I think, "Damn, I have hit the door jamb again!" I look back and I have broken off about a foot of one of my rear tower legs. That'll take the wind out of your sails. This is not the first time I have hit the door jamb while backing in. In my defense, I am backing the boat up a hill, on gravel, in a curve, and through a 9 foot wide door, so it is not easy.

Momentarily, I consider this a sign that I should move up the timeline to make my Outback a dedicated slalom ski boat and add a V-drive to the stable. Why wait two more years? As my rationality returned I realized that it wasn't that big a deal and a good welder could take care of this in less that an hour.

So as I am writing this, the boat is at Triangle Stainless for the guys there to work a little TIG magic. I should get it back tomorrow. I hope it goes well.

Ouch! I am having trouble visualizing what you actually did. So on your towers rear foot you snapped the tower about a foot up?
    2008 Supra 21V-Currently For Sale

Yep, that is right. I should have taken a pic. I have the first generation Rad-A-Cage and I had it folded down to back into the garage. The rear legs stick out further than the rubrail when the tower is folded forward. Hung it on the door jamb and ripped it right off. Barely scratched the door jamb. I'm going at lunch to pick her up, I hope it worked out okay.

Man that sucks, how does it look? At my previous house I had about 1-2 inches of clearance on each side of the garage door. Backing it in was a task and I had to roll it out by hand.

We were on falls all afternoon Sunday and I don't recall seeing any other moombas. We launch at hwy 50.
    2018 Murder Max
    2008 Outback V-Bought new; sold in 2018

Got any pics yet?
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

Mine is also uphill, 45 degree turn, unhitch and push in and sideways by HAND!! Man its hard on a 105 degree day!
    89' Comp Resto:
    http://supraboats.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=8193

Riding and Mod pic's:
    http://www.supraboats.com/bbs/album.php?albumid=86

89' Supra/Custom Tower & Interior/Swivel Racks
    4 Blade-14X14/1600 lbs Ballast
    Roswell Bar/Led's/Krypt 6.5 HLCD's/Krypt 4200 Eq
    JL-PPI Amps 1750 Watts/Kicker Interiors/L7 Kicker Sub

Had one of them but straight in, no turn, but still pushing up hill. Sold it a couple weeks ago. Now poor baby is sitting outside in the rain at a temp/rental house.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Dreaming of a full height garage. A buddy has a 40' dbl roll up door drive thru at the lake. Awesome. Drive in. In hook. Pull truck out close up.

Being a touch nomadic now. Mine is in in laws driveway. Although I founds 13x40 rental storage. Huge.
    Brad

2011 Launch 21V Sold... boatless replaced with a Jeep JKUR
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV sold
    2004 Outback sold

Could've left it in the ATL. I'd have taken real good care if it.

butthead
    would you keep the note and keep it full of gas too? if so, i'll just plan my travels to come through ATL every week!

Proud of you for owning up to the nickname
    Brad

2011 Launch 21V Sold... boatless replaced with a Jeep JKUR
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV sold
    2004 Outback sold