Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Helping me build my stereo............

Below is my mix of amps and a few random subs that I have somehow come across over the years. Now the question is what to do with them all. This is where I am going to need you fine gentlemen!
    The tower is all set up. I am fine there.

My main question is what to do with the in cabin setup and sub set up. I am not crystal clear on ohms etc and am probably a bit timid on screwing anything up. I am assuming I will use the Kicker for my in cabins, but how do I wire that as it is only a 4 channel? Should I even use this Fosgate sub? Friend said it was a really good one. This is the one sub that doesn’t have a box. Type R’s are both in sealed inclosures. What type of box would I need for this bad boy? I say bad boy, bc it is HUGE in comparison to my Type R. Should I just keep the Type Rs? (My brother really wants the Rockford Fosgate)
    Should I just unload some of this stuff and upgrade some equipment? My listening patterns honestly EVERYTHING except electronic. Lots of rock.

Subs:
    1 Rockford Fosgate T1D412 (Guy at work gave it to me to settle a bet, have no idea what to do with it)
    2 Alpine Type-R 10s SWR-1042D
    Amps:
    Kicker ZX 650.4
    MTX Audio MXA400.2
    Exile Harpoon
    Exile Shift s500.1
    In cabin:
    6 Polk Audio db651s
    Tower:
    4 Exile SXT65Q’s
    -Mark
    2005 LSV
    Tow w/:
    Volkswagen Touareg V8
    Mods: Stereo, Stainless Cup Holders and Thru Hulls, Chrome Steering Wheel, EZ Nets, Moomba Etched Cleats

"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, bc your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."

-John Wooden

Run the 6 polks off the kicker 650.4 keep the gains low due to the over power of the amp to the speakers 120 vs 65 w

Run the bows off 1 and 2 and the cabins off 3 and 4 in parallel
    Install the alpine type r off he exile sub amp.

Good to go, sell the other stuff. Buy an exile zld ....
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

here's my suggestions

Cabin: power with the zx650.4

Sub: The exile amp seems to match up perfectly with one of the alpine subs if the specs I found are correct.
    http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...SWR-1042D.html
    -2012 Supra Launch 21V
    -2008 Mobius LSV

So you think I should just toss the Fosgate and use just one of the Type Rs? (Remember I have two of them)
    -Mark
    2005 LSV
    Tow w/:
    Volkswagen Touareg V8
    Mods: Stereo, Stainless Cup Holders and Thru Hulls, Chrome Steering Wheel, EZ Nets, Moomba Etched Cleats

"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, bc your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."

-John Wooden

Tower: SXT65Q and Harpoon

In-boat: 6 Polk with the Kicker ZX650.4

Sub: The Rockford Fosgate T1D412 will be a 2 ohm sub when wired in parallel, so it will not work bridged on the MTX 2 chnl and the S400.1 will deliver about half of what the subs RMS is. Cant really make a recommendation on an amp for the Alpines without knowing thier coil configurations. Power handling wise, you will need about the same power to drive a pair as you will need to drive the single R/F 12. Surface area typically rules with subs, but in this case, I would lean towards the single 12 over a pair of 10's, unless you can get them together side by side in an appropriate sized enclosure. Since you will need to pick up an amp in order to drive either the single 12 or the dual 10's, i would let the install location and available space influence the sub choice.

Quote Originally Posted by WaterBullDawg1980 View Post
    So you think I should just toss the Fosgate and use just one of the Type Rs? (Remember I have two of them)
    does not sound like your a big bass head, so the 10 fits well in that hull design. the 12 gets tight plus you will need another amp. sel the RF , the mtx and the othe apline sub and get a tower controller or gas money....
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Yup, definitely think about getting some kind of controller. Makes life much easier.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Agreed on the kicker for in boats.

If you got it, you might as well run the 12", imo. There is a chance you would be let down with a single 10, especially knowing you had other options.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Quote Originally Posted by KG's Supra24 View Post
    Agreed on the kicker for in boats.

If you got it, you might as well run the 12", imo. There is a chance you would be let down with a single 10, especially knowing you had other options.
    Agreed...I had a 12 in my last boat and a 10 in this new boat. Same brand and model and same amp powering it and it's a big difference between the two in my opinion. 12 all the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SOLD! 2011 Mobius LSV 325HP EFI
    Digital Cruise Pro, Wakeplate, Kenwood KM550U and KCA-RC107MR x2, Kicker ZXM700.5, Kicker 6.5 Cabins, 10'' Kicker CompVT sub, Wetsounds SYN 4, Wetsounds REV10s, Wetsounds WS420Q, Gravity VI Surf Ballast, Acme 537

Board: '12 LF Harley (Monster) 139
    Her Board: '11 Ronix Krush 128
    Kids Board: '13 Ronix Vision 120
    Skate: LF Faction 44
    Surf: LF Custom Quad & XXX

Tow Rig:
    2011 Toyota Tundra CrewMax TRD Magnetic Grey
    3/1 Truxx Lift, and some other stuff...

Looks like I may look for another amp for this 12. I need to do a little more research on the size of box this thing will need first. If I have the space then Ill probably go with using it. He one drawback is that it sounds like this RF is an absolute monster and will require a ton of power. Depending on the investment for the right amp I may just keep the Alpine.

Still thinking about it.

Sent from my bag phone using Tapatalk Dos
    -Mark
    2005 LSV
    Tow w/:
    Volkswagen Touareg V8

-John Wooden