Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bad day

Default Bad day

Just came back from putting one of our dogs down. Man was it hard to do. Amazing how much an animal affects ones life. The house sure seems a lot emptier.
    past---------------2003 Outback SOLD
    present------------2006 Supra Launch 21V

Ron

Sorry to read this Ron.

Ron, I feel your pain. Sorry brother.
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

Thank you guys. It's a day later and you got be bawling again.

He wasn't very active anymore, and almost couldn't get up but we still miss him just being there.

Ron

Sorry Ron the loss of anyone close is always tough.
    -Mark
    14 Mojo - 72 hours and growing
    02 Mobius LSV ---- Sold and always will be remembered as the one that started it all.

"Hey you only live once"

Man. So sorry to hear this. Been there and it is a horrible thing to go through. Two items of advice that I was given that really did help my spirits.

1. Your little buddy is in a better place and is running around pain free. Remember that.
    2. Look into getting another pet. I hope that doesn't come across as harsh, but it really did help us that we had just adopted another dog right before our rottie passed.

Sorry for your loss man. Dogs truly are our best friends. Losing one is really tough.

Sent from my bag phone using Tapatalk Dos
    -Mark
    2005 LSV
    Tow w/:
    Volkswagen Touareg V8
    Mods: Stereo, Stainless Cup Holders and Thru Hulls, Chrome Steering Wheel, EZ Nets, Moomba Etched Cleats

"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, bc your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."

-John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by WaterBullDawg1980 View Post
    Man. So sorry to hear this. Been there and it is a horrible thing to go through. Two items of advice that I was given that really did help my spirits.

1. Your little buddy is in a better place and is running around pain free. Remember that.
    2. Look into getting another pet. I hope that doesn't come across as harsh, but it really did help us that we had just adopted another dog right before our rottie passed.

Sorry for your loss man. Dogs truly are our best friends. Losing one is really tough.

Sent from my bag phone using Tapatalk Dos
    1. We never truly know, but I have already mentioned to my wife that I do hope there's an afterlife and it does help if you believe this.
    2. We still have one dog left, actually one of the siblings, so he's getting a lot more attention now.

We had to put a shelty down about 12 years ago, but in an emergency situation. I said I would NEVER again get another dog (because of the grief putting him down), yet we got 2 six months later.

I've found that the years of companionship and joy they give you almost compensate at potentially having to put them to sleep at the latter part of their life.

Aw crap, it's hard to type through tear covered eyes.

Thanks for the advice.

Ron

Hang in there bud. It get's easier as time passes. I still miss Buddy our beagle and it's been a year and a half now, but all the thoughts I have now are happy ones. You'll never replace him so don't try, just hang on to the memories and smile!
    Current: 2010 LSV
    Previous: 2007 Outback

Tough read, prayers and condolences sent

Sent from my home phone..
    Jason

Go Hard or Go Home.......it's MOOMBA time!!

2009 Moomba Mobius LSV

We had to do this with my girls brother dog the last time i was home. He had gotten tumors on his couple toes on his back feet about 6-8 months ago and they went ahead and removed his toes and said that it could return. Well it did and with a vengeance. He had lost some of his appetite and then i went to work for three weeks and when I came home he was super skinny, wouldnt eat or really move at all. Some days he would just sit in the same spot all day never getting up. My girls brother took him to the vet and they xrayed him and found the tumors have spread over all his major organs and that we needed to put him down asap or he would suffocate or starve to death. It was a very sad day for everyone, never had to do that before and I wont be looking forward to it when our little dachshunds get to that age.
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD