Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2129303132 LastLast

Agreed, it was as family friendly of an event as you wanted to make it. If it hadn't been "appropriate" at the raft up, we'dve split earlier. But the girls were having fun (they hear worse language on the school bus) & the folks had some nice conversations while we were parked down at the end.

We put in at Hwy 19 bridge & never made it on shore to check out the facilities at BCR, but thanks for introducing us to the Trinity - the water was great. Sure the cut reminded me of an Amazonian river expedition, but was fine unless you passed that same boat towing riders on a tube going the other way (which we did 3 different times!).

If fact we're thinking of going back next Saturday. Can someone tell me where the closest facilities are located (restrooms, gas, ice, food, etc.) along that stretch of river? Thanks (& thanks again for a great Jam)!
    89 Supra Saltare Restoration Project

For sure BS.
    Well I've been running the T for a long time and it's always nice.
    Chris H.
    2012 Mojo
    Wake Life

WS420sq,4 Rev8's,JL Amps,2-TypeR 12's,6-Interior Kicker, Green/White LED

tell whoever it was that complained to either stay home or put in at the 19 bridge.

It was no Ritz Carlton, but that was part of the fun! I'm going to do my best to get back in 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    Haha, well I am glad that everyone who went had a good time! And i would be on the water by 8 too if I could have gotten my crew out of bed! They are not quite as into it as me I don't think.

So quick question for everyone who attended.

How did yall like the venue? Was Bethy Creek an alright place? Water conditions ideal? Would you want to move it?

We had a supra owner throwing a fit at the BBQ about the location of the event so I am just wondering everyone elses take.
    I am pretty sure I was not throwing a fit at the BBQ. Just simply stating that this is not the nicest place I have ever been to. The boat launch has a giant hole behind the concrete that will grab your crossmember on your trailer and bend it (luckily I had just ordered a new trailer since mine was rusted when we bought the boat). Also if you had the same experience we had had that day with damaging a boat & a trailer you might have a slightly different outlook of the place. I am glad that there were no more issues for anyone else. I would also like to say that we stayed and took our boat out after the other incident & also went out again almost all day Sunday, I don't think that someone throwing a fit would do so. I have read this thread and the other picture thread and you seem to have a very one sided opinion of how a lot of things happened. You might want to spend a little more time getting your facts straight before you start posting your every thought.

I didnt have my boat there but i can say it scared the hell out of me when i droped Brads trailer off the loading ramp. Luckly it was while it was empty. That ramp is pretty sketch.

Other then that my biggest complaint was water temps but its Texas so i understand.

Other then the ramp and the Cut that place didnt bother me to much at all. Pretty decent place really.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by kevkev View Post
    I am pretty sure I was not throwing a fit at the BBQ. Just simply stating that this is not the nicest place I have ever been to. The boat launch has a giant hole behind the concrete that will grab your crossmember on your trailer and bend it (luckily I had just ordered a new trailer since mine was rusted when we bought the boat). Also if you had the same experience we had had that day with damaging a boat & a trailer you might have a slightly different outlook of the place. I am glad that there were no more issues for anyone else. I would also like to say that we stayed and took our boat out after the other incident & also went out again almost all day Sunday, I don't think that someone throwing a fit would do so. I have read this thread and the other picture thread and you seem to have a very one sided opinion of how a lot of things happened. You might want to spend a little more time getting your facts straight before you start posting your every thought.
    That ramp is pretty crappy, I really think bethy creek dropped the ball last year during the drought not taking advantage of the low water levels to do some work on it. That being said the lake was about 7-8 inches below full pool so under normal conditions you wouldn't need to back so far in. That does suck about your trailer and I remember when it happened, if you were not getting a new one it would really suck! Fall bash is this weekend as the lake is about 3 inches lower or so than it was that weekend so hopefully all the wakeboard going through there this weekend will do a little dredging for us!

Another option for the ramp, although inconvenient is to launch at the free public ramp at hwy 19. When the lake was 4+ ft low last year we never found the end of that one. But it would suck to have to do that every day.

Sent from my iPhone newtys droid killer using Tapatalk
    Last edited by rdlangston13; 09-12-2012 at 02:26 PM.
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    That ramp is pretty crappy, I really think bethy creek dropped the ball last year during the drought not taking advantage of the low water levels to do some work on it. That being said the lake was about 7-8 inches below full pool so under normal conditions you wouldn't need to back so far in. That does suck about your trailer and I remember when it happened, if you were not getting a new one it would really suck! Fall bash is this weekend as the lake is about 3 inches lower or so than it was that weekend so hopefully all the wakeboard going through there this weekend will do a little dredging for us!

Another option for the ramp, although inconvenient is to launch at the free public ramp at hwy 19. When the lake was 4+ ft low last year we never found the end of that one. But it would suck to have to do that every day.

Sent from my iPhone newtys droid killer using Tapatalk
    Brad, Brandon, etc...can I get yall to mail me your video files or upload them to vimeo?

Need to finish video!

Call me crazy....but...

Just an idea so far...will not be final, official, certified...

C'mon man! You want us to wear a black t in TX?

And, how about an old dude surfin instead of a pic of Langston pre-wipeout?

I like it and i dont think Black will matter much in Texas LOL. I would prefer black myself LOL.

Only change i would make is have TEXAS at the top. Not the bottom.

Texas
    Moomba
    Supra

or

Texas
    Supra
    Moomba
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]