Default Correcting Wallys

I know there will always be wally's and it is part of going to a public lake but...

While we were surfing we got to witness 2 very new SANTE trying to surf. They were going no more than 5 mph and turning a very tight radius circle. The poor rider was being dragged on top of the slop.

Has anyone ever had luck in providing a few pointers and what did you do to make it good experience. I know driving up in our lowly moomba we will probably not be the most welcome visitors. I have thought the best way to do that is ask one of their 'owners' or responsible passengers to come for a ride and watch us surf a set. I would love some advice.

When we were out over the weekend we were able to count 10+ boats only surfing which is awesome, but that is up for almost none last year. Proper etiquette if there are multiple boats surfing or we f'ck everything up for everyone on the lake.
    '05 XLV with '11 hull

I have only "instructed" one boat. we were surfing and had a family in a lsv approach us and ask us how we got the wake so big. we were a little pissed as they rolled up on us with a rider behind the boat that we had to dump to talk to them, but I think they were new to the boating scene and didn't jump on them. once we talked for a few, it was apparent that they were new to the lake. we offered a few pointers as to the weight to start with and to get some portable fatsacks for various crew sizes and they left happy. never saw them again so I hope that our advice worked..

I have thought about offering assistance when we see boats that are clearly having trouble surfing, but since we are usually loaded down at the same time, in almost every case, we talk about it and decide it isn't worth the gas to try and run them down and not know if you are going to get an appreciative family or a bunch of drunk 20-somethings that aren't open to any constructive criticism.

I'd never turn down the opportunity to teach if given fwiw..
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

^^ Exactly what he said.

If we're surfing in the same stretch I'll offer up a friendly wave of the hand typically - "hey how ya doin" sort of thing. Some are cool and wave back - good opening for sharing tips/help.

Others are too cool to wave back - so screw 'em.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

We've pulled up and talked to fellow SC owners who seem to be struggling. We've offered advice if they ask, thrown bags, boards and/or people on their boat to show them what they can do with the right setup/equipment. We've alo had folks anchor their boats and hop on ours for a lesson. We pass along what we know about riding, setting up the boat and driving.

For any other brand of wakeboats, we simply send huge rollers their way to ruin their water and then flip them the bird!

Ah, just kidding. We'll help anybody that wants our help. I want to approach the power turning Tige owner who is apparently clueless in regards to water etiquette, but haven't figured out the best approach.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    I want to approach the power turning Tige owner who is apparently clueless in regards to water etiquette, but haven't figured out the best approach.
    invite 6 linemen from the local college football team for a day on the water and problem solved
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Theres no easy way, there is to many of them out there. Im trying to find room for one of these??

cannon.jpg
    89' Comp Resto:
    http://supraboats.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=8193

Riding and Mod pic's:
    http://www.supraboats.com/bbs/album.php?albumid=86

89' Supra/Custom Tower & Interior/Swivel Racks
    4 Blade-14X14/1600 lbs Ballast
    Roswell Bar/Led's/Krypt 6.5 HLCD's/Krypt 4200 Eq
    JL-PPI Amps 1750 Watts/Kicker Interiors/L7 Kicker Sub