Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Loose steering

I still have not corrected it, but I have ground the rudder quite a bit with an angle grinder, and it has done nothing for me, seems as if I can't even feel the tension due to the grind, maybe its a little firmer... I actually did check it with someone turning the wheel, and the rudder does turn with any movement of the wheel, and is very sensitive. make a small turn on the wheel, and the rudder does move. Im still not satisfied with the handling of this boat compared to others, hard to keep straight down the slalom course.
    08 Outback. Private Lake Owner.

I also have the same problem start about a month ago and i check everything in the back of the boat is seam fine. Also with mine you cannot feel the play with the boat out of the water but everyone who drives the boat says there is some thing wrong.
    i am thinking it has to be something in the steering rack under the dash. I am going to try and order a new cable and i believe it come with the rack(bar under the dash) Not really sure i been trying to deal with an Indiana dealer (they been helpfull) being i do not have a close IL dealer any more.
    I believe the cable is 18' stearing cable on a 07 supra 21v does any one know if this is right before i order a cable.
    2007 supra 21v

Depending on where you are in IL there is a MC dealer that would probably be able to work on you Supra in Farmer City between Bloomington and Champaign right on 74. I have seen no MC boats in his shop in the past.
    http://theliquidedge.com/
    If you believe something to be true, it will be - in it's consequences.

2009 MasterCraft ProStar 197 - DD - 5.7L - 325HP - Zero Off

So I meant 'non-MC' boats, i.e., he works on all inboards.

Quote Originally Posted by BensonWdby View Post
    Depending on where you are in IL there is a MC dealer that would probably be able to work on you Supra in Farmer City between Bloomington and Champaign right on 74. I have seen no MC boats in his shop in the past.
    http://theliquidedge.com/
    If you believe something to be true, it will be - in it's consequences.

2009 MasterCraft ProStar 197 - DD - 5.7L - 325HP - Zero Off

Did anything ever come of this? I have the same 2-3" play in my wheel and I have had other people the same boat drive and they say that is feels different than theirs.
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

I am having a hard time find the steering cable online using the part number SC gave me. Teleflex 106284 supposed to be an 18' cable....
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

I had the same slop in my steering on my 05 outb, for mine it was the gear that drivers the cable comming from the steering wheel lower bushing worn out .
    Hope this helps
    2012 Mobius LSV
    05 Outback LS SOLD

Default Loose steering

Yeah I was told to take the rack off the back of the wheel and check the gears back there. How much did the repair run you?

Sent from my iPhone
    David

Complete steering shaft assembly was just over 200$ here in Canada ,i did the job myself .
    2012 Mobius LSV
    05 Outback LS SOLD

Default Loose steering

Ahhh so you can't just replace the gears then I guess

Sent from my iPhone
    David