Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Indy 500

Default Indy 500

Man, are there many things that are more incredible than open wheel race cars? I have a hard time sitting for 4 hours watching cars go round and round in a big oval, but the Indy 500 pulls me in every time. The technology, the speed, the paint jobs . . .

I got to sit in Bobby Rahal's Indy car as a kid and have been hooked since.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    Man, are there many things that are more incredible than open wheel race cars? I have a hard time sitting for 4 hours watching cars go round and round in a big oval, but the Indy 500 pulls me in every time. The technology, the speed, the paint jobs . . .

I got to sit in Bobby Rahal's Indy car as a kid and have been hooked since.
    INDY sucks NASCAR is better
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    INDY sucks NASCAR is better
    So negative David!! Must be cause your stuck at work for the next 2 weeks!

Sent from my home phone..
    Jason

Go Hard or Go Home.......it's MOOMBA time!!

2009 Moomba Mobius LSV

-Mark
    2005 LSV
    Tow w/:
    Volkswagen Touareg V8
    Mods: Stereo, Stainless Cup Holders and Thru Hulls, Chrome Steering Wheel, EZ Nets, Moomba Etched Cleats

"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, bc your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."

-John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by jpetty3023 View Post
    So negative David!! Must be cause your stuck at work for the next 2 weeks!

Sent from my home phone..

11 days sir.
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

David, what in the heck do you guys do at night on a rig? Drink? Play cards? Work?

Are these rigs out in the middle of nowhere where nothing is around you? What do you do if a big storm is coming?
    -Mark
    2005 LSV
    Tow w/:
    Volkswagen Touareg V8
    Mods: Stereo, Stainless Cup Holders and Thru Hulls, Chrome Steering Wheel, EZ Nets, Moomba Etched Cleats

"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, bc your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."

-John Wooden

Shake N Bake
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Quote Originally Posted by WaterBullDawg1980 View Post
    David, what in the heck do you guys do at night on a rig? Drink? Play cards? Work?

Are these rigs out in the middle of nowhere where nothing is around you? What do you do if a big storm is coming?
    Bump for David.......I am a little obsessed with his job.
    -Mark
    2005 LSV
    Tow w/:
    Volkswagen Touareg V8

-John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by WaterBullDawg1980 View Post
    Bump for David.......I am a little obsessed with his job.
    I work offshore so its a little different than land. At night the people who work days sleep and the people who work nights work. Ummmm no drinking, no alcohol is allowed. We can play cards, the entertainment on my rig (which is actually a drill ship) consists of the following; XBOX 360, Wii, Ping Pong, weight room, cardio room, sauna, about 8 channels of TV, golf simulator (when it is working), air hockey, and wifi. We also have those pool type chairs so you can lay out on the top deck if you so desire (a bunch of the european dudes do this, weirdos!)

if a big storm is coming what we do depends on how big the storm is. for hurricanes all non essential personnel will leave the rig and the rest of the people will drive the rig out of the way of the storm. tropical storm we may just suspend operations for a few hours until it passes and ride it out.
    David

Yeah figured alcohol may be a no go. You never know though, as crazy as it sounds we have "beer cart" Fridays. Exactly like it sounds....cart is being pushed around with you guessed it,....beer on it. But then again we are not workin on an offshore rig.

Sounds like they have you guys covered as far as keeping you busy. How many folks are on your rig? Close quarters?

So you get the euros in their mankinis on the top deck huh? They are a different breed that is for sure.

Ever been in any really bad weather? How far off shore are you anyway? Can you still see the shore? I thought I remembered you saying you got on a boat somewhere in La to go to your rig but couldn't remember how far away it was.

Cool job man, you should take some pics if your bored.
    -Mark
    2005 LSV
    Tow w/:
    Volkswagen Touareg V8

-John Wooden