Threaded View

Default THANKS to our Vets & Happy Memorial Day

I hope everyone has had a great weekend and are preparing for a great day tomorrow. I'm early with this post, but wanted to say THANKS to those that have fought, or are fighting, for World peace and providing my family with the freedoms we cherish, but sometimes take for granted. I ask that we all keep them and their families in our prayers as we celebrate.

Unfortunately, IMO, the of Memorial day has diminished over the years. Many Americans nowadays have forgotten the meaning and traditions of Memorial Day. At many cemeteries, the graves of the fallen are increasingly ignored or neglected. Most people no longer remember the proper flag etiquette for the day. Some people think the day is for honoring any and all dead, and not just those fallen in service to our country. Our country just doesn't get it and simply see it as a long weekend to party.

I'm sure to miss some of our veterans on the board, so please accept my apologies and correct me by listing yourself.

Thanks to jmb (Jack), maxpower220 (Paul), keeher22 (Brandon), jpetty (Jason), thunderman (Mike) and spoon03.
    Last edited by wolfeman131; 05-29-2012 at 08:11 AM.