Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Terrible Memorial Day Weekend

So there I was, minding my own business at the local sand bar, when a drunken idiot decided it was a good idea to get behind the wheel of his friend's boat. He was so drunk he proceeded to back the boat out, slam down the throttle, and plow into the back of my boat at about 20 mph. I had 4 people sitting in my boat, 3 of which were sitting on the ski locker in the back with their legs in the boat, thank God. The worst part of it was that the guy's 5 month pregnant girlfriend was sitting on the starboard gunwale right where the boats collided... she flew about 10 feet into 2 feet of water.

Because of the pregnant lady we called 911 immediately and got put through to a conservation officer. It was going to take the officer an hour and a half to get a boat and get to us so I just decided to tow the other boat across the river to a marina and meet the officer. The driver, needless to say, failed a field sobriety test with flying colors. He was arrested on two count of being under the influence and one of reckless driving.

The boat is pretty messed up, cracks, scrapes, and chips everywhere. The worst damage is a 3x3 inch scrape off the port stern corner of the cap, a 3 inch crack on the port side, and the rear tow eyelet got hit so hard it's pushed inward and there's no a "wave" in my transom's fiberglass.

Anybody on here have anything like this happen before? The other boat owner has Progressive Insurance. Anybody know of anywhere good I can take it for repairs in the Northern Illinois area?

Holy cheet man, glad everyone was ok, how did the pregnant GF trun out? Ok i hope? Not to much stress to the baby.

Man that boat hit you hard to do that kinds damage to an alumminum boat. Yours is pretty nast looking too now and you will have a huge repair bill. Good thing they have insurance.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Holy cow bro, did you not go to jail for whipping that dudes tail end into labor day. Much props to you for keeping your cool. Hopefully his insurance comes thru for you and your back on the water quick like. This is a classic example of why I avoid the lake on holidays, live to close and frequent the lake to much to have to get out on days like this.

Glad no one was injured, could have been a different story real easily. Good luck again.

Sent from my home phone..
    Jason

Go Hard or Go Home.......it's MOOMBA time!!

2009 Moomba Mobius LSV

As far as I know the pregnant lady is fine, she was refusing to get checked out. My boat is still usable which is nice.

My usual thought process is to not let worrying about idiots affect the fun that I have. Worse things could have happened and after all, it's only a boat. Despite what happened, it was still a beautiful cruise back to my house that night.

Dang that sucks! Hope the repairs go smooth & quickly.

HOLY CRAP, glad all are safe and sound especiall the pregnant one-that had to be scary.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

that super sucks
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

best of luck with the repairs..im a little like you..theres a reason theres insurance on my stuff..if none of my friends got hurt i wont be tooo p'ed off..but again best of luck to you and your boat..maybe the insurance company will total it out for you and give you some money for it? haha i dont know
    2004 Outback Blue/white w/5.7 indmar 350, Direct Drive
    Rockford fasgate cabins
    Rockford fasgate 500w amp (cabin) and a kenwood HU (kmr700u)
    Exile XM7's
    Exile Harpoon
    Exile ZLD
    Polk 10in sub (2)
    Polk P330 amp (subs)

Never fails to amaze me what people will do on the water...sucks man but glad everyone is OK. Best of luck with the repairs.
    Pat L
    2005 Outback
    Leonardtown, Maryland

Chris, glad everyone is ok. Especially the gf. What an idiot. Progressive is pretty decent should not have any problems. The driver on he other hand is in heap of trouble

Few years back at a restaurant on our lake twoto little girls went to get into there's parents boat boat as the adults talked to some friends after dinner
    The girls got side tracked on the dock by some ducklings. A few hundred yards out. A guy was driving his older dd sitting sideways on the gunnel. Hit a wave fell in the water. Boat went straight into the restaurant area,riding right over and into the boat the two little girls were supposed to be waiting in.

Boats can be fixed and replaced lives not so much.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold