Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Looking at a 2012 XLV or LSV

I am looking for a new boat. Two that I am considering are the XlV and the LSV. I wanted to find out if any current owners could give me the Pros and Cons of either or both. I plan to drive and ride behind both next week. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I have only been on an LSV once and it was very nice. The wakeboard wake seemed to be clean and easy to get that way.

I love my XLV. The weighted wakeboard wake seems to be a bit sensitive and I have found that the easy setup of no ballast makes a pretty decent wake. I love the storage and the extra space makes a long day comfortable. My girls love the playpen bow configuration.

My XLV has a surf wave that I like but I have to run quite a bit of weight although the freeboard is high and I don't take on rollers unless I do something stupid.

Down fall of the XLV for me is that I can't fit in my 7' garage door but I have a 2010 with the rad a cage. I think the new tower is different but I am not sure what the clearance would be like.
    2018 Max with a little extra weight here and there

Thanks for the input

Quote Originally Posted by Boonejeepin View Post
    I have only been on an LSV once and it was very nice. The wakeboard wake seemed to be clean and easy to get that way.

I love my XLV. The weighted wakeboard wake seems to be a bit sensitive and I have found that the easy setup of no ballast makes a pretty decent wake. I love the storage and the extra space makes a long day comfortable. My girls love the playpen bow configuration.

My XLV has a surf wave that I like but I have to run quite a bit of weight although the freeboard is high and I don't take on rollers unless I do something stupid.

Down fall of the XLV for me is that I can't fit in my 7' garage door but I have a 2010 with the rad a cage. I think the new tower is different but I am not sure what the clearance would be like.
    Still looking

Biggest downfall with the XLV is a clean wake at low speeds. Not the ideal boat for beginners, that's for sure.

The LSV is more versatile IMO.
    2008 Outback V - gravity III ballasts, perfect pass star gazer, hydraulic wake plate, depth finder, water stainer, rad-a-cage tower, board racks, tower mirror, bimini top, audio package d, graphics package e, appearance package, cockpit & tonneau cover, mooring cover, black stainless rubrail, docking lights, OJ 14.25x14.0 prop.

Toys: Ronix Viva 136 with Kai bindings, Phase5 Drew Danielo Pro, Straight Line Sumo Sac 750lb, 450lb, 125lb ballast.

I went from the obv the last four years to a 2012 xlv. Love the boat. As boonejeepin stated love the extra freeboard and the storage and interior room. Have yet to board or surf on it , just got to 14 hrs into the break in.. Get the 345 surf engine with an acme 1235 prop , they both are beasts...you will have to upgrade ballast bags In either boat if you want to surf.with the xlv you really shouldnt loose under seat storage with the upgraded bags. I have two 750's, and an 1180 in the basement center locker.
    If you store in your garage then that will have to be a consideration.

Here is a pic of the wake at 21 mph wake plate 1/2 up , no ballast, in some chop.

A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Go with a Mojo. IMO, best of both boats you are considering. Big and roomy like the XLV, sweet/easy setup forwakeboard & surf wave.

That said, MANY folks would simply love to be in your position of deciding between boats! You can't go wrong either way.

Hey nobody asked about. Mojo......

Let the man choose....
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Options. Life is all about options.

mojo has an ugly helm area, get the XLV, I would love to have the extra room and freeboard, IMO they need to do an XLV hull redesign to make the wake less sensitive but retain the size and styling...
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    mojo has an ugly helm area, get the XLV, I would love to have the extra room and freeboard, IMO they need to do an XLV hull redesign to make the wake less sensitive but retain the size and styling...
    Hey, now David. . .

Thats my new girl you're talking about. Have you sat in a production boat? We love how big the glove box is for all the ipods, sunglasses, etc. I like having the gauge cluster vs individual ones. Its real easy to scan & see all is good.
    Last edited by wolfeman131; 05-27-2012 at 03:16 PM.