Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Moomba digital cruise

Recently got the digital cruise module (thanks to Cynde at Atlanta Marine for helping me out while I was out of the country). Finally got around to installing it yesterday. Other than upgrading ballast sacs, it was probably the easiest upgrade/install I've done yet. Simply remove two screws, remove and unplug the old module, install and plug in the new module, and tighten the screws back up. Turned the ignition on and voila.

Made it to the water today and man this is such an easier (and more accurate) setup than the standard EZ Cruise. Simply input the speed you want to go and hit the throttle. Adjusting underway is so much easier and precise than the old one. Also, no more worrying about turning the boat on and off and having to reset it every time. I just came in from messing with it in the driveway, and found out once setup, it will show the percentage of how full each ballast sac (L, C, R) is. I think it simply calculates the GPH x how long the pumps run. Found this when looking for the calibration screen. I need to adjust as it's reading 2 mph slower than my speedo (and handheld gps). Other than that it worked flawless today.

I'm not bashing the standard cruise, because I've used it since 2007 with two different boats and never complained about it. Coming from and I/O back then, having cruise period was the bomb. It's always done it's job and done it well from us. Recently I caught the upgrade bug and speed control is what I was looking at. Perfect Pass is apparently no longer compatible with Indmar engines post 2008, so Zero Off was my option. After quite a bit of research and a few calls to Skier's Choice to verify that Perfect Pass wasn't an option, I decided to go with Digital Cruise since it was a simple plug and play, and should I decide to go to Zero Off in the future it's a simple upgrade from Digital Cruise. Plus the full out Zero Off was about double the cost of Digital.

So if anyone is looking to upgrade their standard cruise to digital cruise, you won't be disappointed. As a side bar, if anyone needs the standard cruise module let me know and we can work something out. I assume you'd have to get the other half of the wiring that goes from the module to the engine, or maybe it's already prewired. Just see if there is a 6 prong connecter under the dash that matches the pictures I've attached. I also attached a pic of the new cruise, but I promise it's not crooked. The sunlight and glare makes it look like I was drunk when I installed it (only half true )

Happy Memorial Day (weekend) to all. Be safe and have fun!

photo 2.jpgphoto 3.jpgphoto 1.jpg
    Current: 2010 LSV
    Previous: 2007 Outback

Taft, where did you find the model compatibility of the zero off? I am torn between PP and zero off and I know PP works on my 08 LSV but not sure about zero off. PP may be my only option.
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    Taft, where did you find the model compatibility of the zero off? I am torn between PP and zero off and I know PP works on my 08 LSV but not sure about zero off. PP may be my only option.
    With your boat being a 2008 it appears you could go either ZO or PP. The cutoff for ZO is nothing before 2007 and no PP after 2009 based on mechanical or electronic controlled.

zero-off faqs
    http://www.zerogps.com/about-us/faqs/

Perfect Pass PR
    http://www.planetnautique.com/Correc...ls/pr/PPPR.pdf
    Todd
    2017 SUPRA SA450

Best thing to do would be call the guys at skiers choice. I got so many different suggestions and advice that I was pretty confused. The guys at SC clarified and told me exactly what I could and couldn't do. It has everything to do with the engine's computer from what I'm told. If I really wanted PP I could've had the PCM flashed to accept the new software, but that seemed like a PITA and something that could lead to other problems down the road, at least in my mind.

Ok, sounds good. Anyone care to explain the difference between the two and why one would be "better" than the other?
    I looked on the ZO website underproducts and they dont have anything listed for specific boat models, that being said I dont want a extra 3.5" gauage randomly mounted somewhere, whatever I get I would want it to take the place of my moomba cruise controls and look factory.

Taft, how was italy??
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

That's one reason I went with digital cruise. Replaced the ez cruise and filled the factory space, and left my speedo and rpm in place. The perfect pass had a moomba specific gauge that I liked, whereas zero off was a generic gauge.

Italy was awesome. Rome was cool for the Vatican and Colosseum, but we had the most fun when we drove out to the Amalfi coast. Sorrento and Positano was about as picturesque as it gets. Coming back to work was really a kick in the nads. And they really need to work on bringing back high speed jets. 14 hours on a plane almost voids any upside to vacations.

This sounds like an upgrade I would like to do. May I ask the cost? A part number would be great also. Thanks.
    Joe

2014 LSV
    2010 Outback V - Sold
    1993 Echelon

Also check out this thread: https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....ass-star-gazer

Am interested as well? Any chance for a group buy?
    Jason

2022 Mojo

Total cost including shipping was around 770. I had the part number written down from SC but can't find it anymore. Cynde with Atlanta Marine or your dealer should know exactly what you need.

Quote Originally Posted by TL7 View Post
    Total cost including shipping was around 770. I had the part number written down from SC but can't find it anymore. Cynde with Atlanta Marine or your dealer should know exactly what you need.
    i am really trying to get away from the paddle wheel setup, not sure if it is just my speedo gauage or what but every time my base hits hard on my sub the speedo goes crazy... dont really want that screwing up my speed control
    David