Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default swim platform pad

I just got a new 2003 outback. When you step on the swim platform pad then get back in the boat it leaves black s*%t all over the vinyl. Does this black residue eventualy go away???

That never happened with my new Outback

Default Swim platform pad

I have an 02 Mob LSV and it does the same thing. Noticed it when I took the boat on a demo. My dealer is replacing the pad under warranty with the new type of material that Moomba and Supra are useing. Actually they just called me this week to let me know that the part came in. That stuff is hard to clean and can stain your vinyl. They should replace yours also.
    You better slide a little gas money this way!

Default swim platform pad

I have a 2002 Outback with the same problem. It occurred last summer, and happened yesterday as well when I de-winterized the boat. Evidently the sun causes the dye to break down, and when it gets wet, you track it right onto your upholstery and carpet. Good thing is that I've always been able to wipe it right off, without leaving any stains. Also, scrubbing the pad down with soap and a good stiff brush, and rinsing thoroughly seemed to help, but you'll have to do it periodically over the summer, as the black slime will come back after a while.

I am waiting for delivery of my 2003 Outback LS, do I need to be concerned with this happenning on my new boat? Or is the change in the pad material going to cure the problem? Is there a material change for all the new boats minus the std. Outback? Any advise is appriciated. Thanks.
    Jeff
    Dearborn, MI

Default Platform pad

I have a 2002 outback, I have about 20hours on it from last summer, I never noticed any dye comming off and tracking onto the boat. Maybe some of the cleaner you are using is breaking down the dye and not the sun? Harsh chemicals will pull the dye from the material and cause it to break down quicker than UV rays.
    2002 Moomba Outback Red

Mine actually started bleeding right "out of the box". First time I climbed out of the water, it tracked right onto the upholstery. I thought it was just because it was new, and would soon stop (like washing a new pair of jeans). If it keeps doing it this summer, I'll have it replaced.

Default Same on original and replacement

I had the same problem on an 03 Mobius LSV. We replaced with the newer material and have the same problem. A good pressure washing helped reduce it for a while. I miss the old grey material. I am waiting for Moomba's next move. I have heard good things about gator grip and may give it a shot.

Old grey material --- I assume you mean the stuff on the older model boats --- it works great! 5 seasons, no issues.

Yes, this is a common problem. The orginal pad is soft and breaks down. The replacement pad is a harder rubber which works better. They replaced mine under warranty.