Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by maxpower220 View Post
    Thinking about a new truck

Same here. Replacing a '99 2500 Suburban. Easy choice is another Suburban (in black). But are rethinking and considering a crew cab pickup truck: Ford F150, Chevy Silverado 1500, or Ram 1500. The boys are grown, so we don't need the seating room of the Suburban.

Like maxpower asked, any update on the Ecoboost?
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

We have had crew cabs since 2002, but with the kids growing and travel sports taking over. We are looking at a suburban for this first time. I did look at the fords and the look like the total package inside and out. GM needs to step up with the 2014 trucks that are due in about 6 months.

Latest update on the Ecoboost would be that it does Not get the numbers that it says it should although i never do.

Maybe the numbers are based on perfect conditions,totally empty truck,down hill with a tail wind or what ever.... Also note where we live we are at fairly high elevation 3500ft above sea level so we are at a bit of a disadvantage. I really notice when we do holidays at lower elevations. I really notice the difference in the boat moreso.

I still believe i get slightly better milleage than my old 2010 5.4 gas truck but the Definetely is a noticeable difference in POWER. So by having More power and slightly better milleage i',m still ahead in My books and my wife actually enjoys the extra power as well.

As a couple of you have mentioned,as for room i would really suggest you have a look at the inside Space inside the 2009 and up Ford F150 crewcabs is enormous.It gained 6 inches from my 2008 truck and has ample room in back seat for large adults etc. I'm 6' 5'' and have No problems with leg room with seat full back. Even for driving i do not have the seat full back for legroom up front.... Tons of room.Something to ponder???
    07 Outback DD

What mileage are you getting while towing?

2005 mobius lsv 2900lbs ballast
    2005 mobius lsv

I test drove the FX4 in 5.0 and Ecoboost. Overall a nice truck. The 5.0 drove almost exactly like my Avalanche 5.3 in terms of power. I didn't notice the Ecoboost to be any quicker on a short test drive. I read on the F150 forums that many ecoboost owners are not getting the MPGs posted. While a few are getting much more than on the sticker.

I'm pretty sure that gas mileage is always going to be 12 or south while pulling until you step up to diesel, then maybe 14.
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier

My 6.4 f250 gets around 13 towing with no tune

2005 mobius lsv 2900lbs ballast
    2005 mobius lsv

I haven'y really checked the milleage numbers as of late ,but my milleage also come up in Litres/100 km,s. I had a a simple conversion calculator but cannot find . Also i assume you are refering to US gallons not Imperial gallons etc.

This is where it gets to be a real pain in the a.. if we all want to talk apples to apples and not apples to oranges etc.
    I hate the fact most of our stuff is listed metric,when really in real life,we use about 50-50 metric and imperial. Road speed and milleage i convert in my head quickly without thought any more but diong Milleage calculations etc regarding fuel can be a real pain. I'm sure most of our advertising is likely based on US figures..... Even when a good portion of vehicheles are made here in Canada.
    07 Outback DD