Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Nice ride Mikey - I'll be curious to hear your thoughts on towing with it vs. the "old" 5.4. Buddy of mine has basically the same truck in a black Lariat but he has yet to tow with it.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Nice man! Those oil changes get expensive sometimes!!
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

I will post up my conclusion as to how different it is for pulling soon.I'm curious to know as is a friend of mine who's nearing the end of a lease ,is seriously interested.My only problem now is,i want to go out this weekend ,but the motor isn't broken in yet,and likely i don't have time to rack up some miles as my schedule is full this week.

I haven't had time to read up in the manual as to what Proper breakin mileage before towing is but i believe on one of my other trucks it recommended 1000km /600 miles. I'm not even close.... If i was reasonably close it would not be a big deal,the lake i want to go to is nearly 1 hr drive and since this is my 2nd baby next to boat i would like to do things properly??? Any thoughts,advice??Next weekend i'mbooked up for family matters so it may be awhile. Since i hav;t been out yet this is really starting to bother me.
    07 Outback DD

Since you are not close to the max towing weight, I would say go for it. Just vary your speed and don't hammer the throttle. I know it will be hard not to floor it

Sounds like the "Texas Edition" here

Sent from my iPhone newtys droid killer using Tapatalk
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Could be... I know Chev's have a Version they sell from time to time here as well. Just cosmetics,really. Just give the truck i little more Bling. I must add i just got the truck Back from the dealership as it didn't get the Delivery DETAIL as we wanted it the day we did the deal. WOW SHE SURE is Shiny now!!!!
    07 Outback DD

Finally got to tow with the new truck yesterday. I was quite amazed at the power difference. I towed just under 1 hr each way ,but was fightin wind and rain partially both ways.Due to this i never pushed it hard although i launched HARD off one intersection just to get a feel for the power difference and Yeah it pulls very solid right up till i backed off at 70+mph. Cruising along its got plenty of power and seeing as its still a 1/2 ton i still notice the trailer slightly due to trailer tugging etc,but nothing to complain about...
    Due to shitty weather i kinda forgot to really follow up on milleage etc ,tryin to pay more attention to the road etc.

As mentioned ,weather sucked out and so what was to be my FIRST time out on the water ,DID NOT happen. The weather man kinda shit the bed on the forecast for the location we went too. It was a steady rain/drissle and windy,whitecapping etc. The weather source i usually use is usually bang on but not this time..Shitty part is i left all my Surf bags and boards at home,we could have surfed minus the rain,bad sadly we had planned on skiing and wakeboarding only and that did not happen.

Going back to the truck,definetely love driving it, My wife even has become a SPEED DEMON herself commenting ,how easy it is to get to speed and or over due to the quietness and responsiveness of the TWIN TURBO V6. This truck definetely has way more noticeable power and whenever we can both learn to drive a little less heavy footed i expect the better fuel economy to follow.
    07 Outback DD

Report back on MPG after breakin, from what U have read there isn't as big as a gap as reported by some.

I'm starting to wonder as well,although towing is not when i will be able to tell. It will be the everyday driving where i will be able to tell,after we learn to drive the speed limits again...
    07 Outback DD

Any update on the EcoBoost. Thinking about a new truck
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier