Cool Save-the-date 2012 midwest moomba/supra owners’ reunion

Host: Lauderdale Lakes Chicago
    Date: Friday, August 17 – Sunday, August 19
    Tentative agenda: golf outing, evening social, day on the water, and opportunity to attend WWA World Championships

I met yesterday with host dealership. Event is in formation. Its focus right now is getting customer boats ready for the traditional start of boating season this Memorial Day weekend. Details on reunion to follow in the next few weeks. Stay tuned!
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

Interestingly enough, I believe I will be in Schaumburg that entire week flying out Friday night. We got an email today saying that our Friday event had been cancelled, so I may be able to stop in for the day. I believe my flight out was at nine something that evening. I'll check back once an agenda comes through.
    -Mark
    2005 LSV
    Tow w/:
    Volkswagen Touareg V8
    Mods: Stereo, Stainless Cup Holders and Thru Hulls, Chrome Steering Wheel, EZ Nets, Moomba Etched Cleats

"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, bc your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."

-John Wooden

Hate that I know this off the top of my head, but the last Delta flight out of ORD is at 7:30 pm. And, it's usually delayed!

Ha! Life of a jet setter. And that is ole Wolfe not me. I just travel a lot.
    -Mark
    2005 LSV
    Tow w/:
    Volkswagen Touareg V8
    Mods: Stereo, Stainless Cup Holders and Thru Hulls, Chrome Steering Wheel, EZ Nets, Moomba Etched Cleats

"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, bc your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."

-John Wooden

I stopped by Lauderdale Lakes Chicago this afternoon for a brief meeting.

A few updates:

First, looks like Friday’s golf outing will be an afternoon event, wrapping up around 5:00 p.m. and followed by the evening social at Lauderdale Lakes Chicago. Hoping to hold the golf outing at the club conveniently located across the street from Lauderdale Lakes Chicago.

Second, there is a possibility that Skiers Choice will have a 2013 model Moomba, 2013 model Supra, and Supra’s Rockstar wake boat on display for the Friday evening social event.

Third, Saturday’s day on the water will launch in the morning from Fox River Preserve and have its final stop late in the afternoon at Fox River Grove beach. There will be meet up locations throughout the day along the river for anyone arriving late.

For those needing lodging, there are a number of hotel choices in the general area. The Hampton Inn in nearby McHenry is close by, located approximately 4 miles from Lauderdale Lakes Chicago. I will be asking for a discounted group rate.

Lauderdale Lakes Chicago will be setting up a Facebook account to handle invites and communicate event information. In addition, Skiers Choice will be making announcements and providing information.

Keep in mind that the final round of the Rockstar WWA Wakeboard World Championships presented by Supra will take place on Sunday. Event venue is Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin, located about thirty-seven miles northeast of Lauderdale Lakes Chicago.

Will keep you posted as reunion weekend details and more information come together.

Reunion dates: Friday, August 17 – Sunday, August 19.
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

Two updates:

The Hampton Inn McHenry has set aside a block of rooms. The rate is $95 per night, including breakfast. A link to the hotel will be on the Facebook page that Lauderdale Lakes Chicago and Skiers Choice are setting up for this event. Hotel is a five-minute drive from Lauderdale Lakes Chicago.

Friday’s golf outing will be held at Prairie Isle Golf Club, located across the street from Lauderdale Lakes Chicago. Depending on how many sign up, format will be sequential t times or a staggered shotgun start. Per person cost for 18-holes will be approximately $38, including electric cart. All ability levels welcome.

More details to come, including information on Friday night’s barbecue social at Lauderdale Lakes Chicago, Saturday’s day on the water, and Sunday’s VIP logistics at the Rockstar WWA Wakeboard World Championships.

Reunion dates: Friday, August 17 – Sunday, August 19
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

LODGING AND CAMPING

If you are planning on or thinking about attending the Midwest Owners’ Reunion and need overnight lodging, you might want to consider the Hampton Inn McHenry.

Hampton Inn McHenry is located close to Lauderdale Lakes Chicago, Prairie Isle Golf Club, and the Fox River. It has a block of twelve rooms (six king and six double queen) reserved for the reunion. The nightly rate has been discounted to $95 per room and includes breakfast.

To book a room:

• call Hampton Inn McHenry @ 815-578-1900 and ask for the Lauderdale Lakes Chicago rate,
    • call 1-800-Hampton and ask for the Lauderdale Lakes Chicago rate, or
    • go online to www.mchenry.hamptoninn.com and enter the Group/Convention Code “LLC” in the reservation section under Special Accounts.

To ensure availability, reservations need to be made by July 17. After July 17, open rooms will be placed back in the hotel’s general inventory. If a room is available after July 17, the hotel will still honor the group discount rate.

There are other lodging choices within a ten-mile radius of Lauderdale Lakes Chicago. They are listed below. No group discount rates have been negotiated with any of these hotels.

• Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Crystal Lake, ‪600 Tag Way, Crystal Lake, IL, 4.0 miles SW, (815) 477-3500
    • Comfort Inn Crystal Lake, 595 Tag Way, Crystal Lake, IL, 4.1 miles SW, (815) 444-0040
    • Holiday Inn, 800 South Route 31, Crystal Lake, IL, 4.0 miles SW, (815) 477-7000
    • Super 8 Crystal Lake, 577 Crystal Point Drive, Crystal Lake, IL, 4.7 miles SW, (815) 788-8888
    • Old Victorian Farmhouse Bed and Breakfast, 26668 North Main Street, Wauconda, IL, 4.8 miles E, (847) 526-9271
    • Maple Tree Inn, 101 1st Street, Cary, IL, 4.0 miles S, (847) 639-2251
    • Holiday Inn Express & Suites, 197 South Rand Road, Lake Zurich, IL, 8.2 miles SE, (800) 655-2679

If camping is your choice, privately owned Fish Lake Beach Campground is located approximately 12 miles northeast of Lauderdale Lakes Chicago. Alternatives include two state parks: Chain-O-Lakes State Park approximately 20 miles north of Lauderdale Lakes Chicago and Illinois Beach State Park approximately 34 miles to the northeast on the shore of Lake Michigan. Links to Fish Lake Beach Campground and state park web sites are below.

http://www.fishlakebeach.com/
    http://dnr.state.il.us/lands/landmgt/parks/

Reunion dates: Friday, August 17 – Sunday, August 19
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

Lauderdale Lakes, the USA's #1 Moomba/Supra dealer is hosting the MidWest Owners Reunion this Aug!
    wl take place nearby Lauderdale Lakes Chicago. As we are getting the details firmed up I wanted to show you all a summary of the weekend's plans so far

Friday Aug 17 - Golf at Prairie Isle Golf Course, accross the street from LLC. Evening social at Lauderdale Lakes Chicago, displaying new Supra & Moomba products. Email [email protected] to participate in the golf outing.

Saturday Aug 18th - Day on the lower fox river. We plan to launch in the am nearby Lauderdale Lakes Chicago. There are a few launch ramps to choose from and water levels are low in some areas making some launch ramps easier to load/unload depending on location. We have numerous rendezvous rally points throughout the day to allow owners to catch up with us if running late. We have 5-6 locations/times to coordinate. The plan is to end the day at the Fox River Grove Beach for an anchor/tie off.
    Sat Night - Nothing firm, keeping the evening open to let everyone decide where to go and what to do. Assuming the majority of us will end up somewhere together for dinner anyway !!!

Sunday - Lauderdale Lakes is the host dealer for World's at Pleasant Prairie, WI. We intend on having a roped off area in the parking lot, near our VIP tent where owners can show off their Supra's and Moomba's and watch the finals with friends, family and athletes. If you would like to display your Supra/Moomba, email Don.

Lauderdale Lakes Chicago can accomodate any Supra/Moomba owners boat/rv trailer parking throughout the weekend at our facility if needed. Our parking lot is easy to navigate in and out of.

Hotel info is listed above, thanks Stuart!

Please call, email or stop in if we can answer any questions.

Our Store Info

Lauderdale Lakes Chicago
    2101 Route 176
    Prairie Grove (Crystal Lake for mapquest & GPS searches), IL 60012

815-788-1111
    [email protected]

Find the event on FB also to keep up to speed on who's attending and festivities planned for the weekend!!!

If you plan on participating, please let me know by emailing Don Schnurr with some answers to my questions below....

Friday
    1) Golf - Yes or No
    2) Friday Evening Social at Lauderdale Lakes Chicago - How many people will be joing you?

Sat -

Boating -
    1) Are you towing a boat and need a place to park your tow vehicle & Trailer
    2) Are you bringing your boat
    3) How many people will be joining you?

Sunday -

1) Do you plan on attending World's at Pleasant Prairie, WI?
    2) Are you bringing your boat and displaying it with others at the event in the VIP section of the parking lot?

I will be sending out more information more frequently but this will help me get an idea of what to expect.

Thank You !!!

So far we are getting some great response from owners wanting to participate. We have t-times booked for those that have expressed desire to play golf Friday. We can add more if necessary, but need to know ASAP. Call the shop (815-788-1111) for details and to book a t-time.

The Friday evening social at Lauderdale Lakes Chicago will begin at 5pm at the dealership. We will have food & drink. Families welcome, bring your kids. 2013 product is arriving and we anticipate having the new SA on display in the showroom friday evening, along with other 2013 Supra & Moomba boat models.

Saturday, the boating day will begin at 9 am launch at Lake County Forest Preserve. The launch area is nice and big with plenty of parking. We will make our way down river to Port Barrington Marina Bar & Grill to meetup at 10am until 11:30. We will then make out way to Broken Oar Marina Bar & Grill. Good spot for Lunch but limited parking and shallow water, so if you're coming, be careful by the launch area. The rocks from powering up have kept the prop guys busy this summer. At 1pm we will continue North to Keif's Reef. More parking, sand volleyball, outside Tiki Bar, very kid friendly. Sometime around 3 pm we can head back down south to the Fox River Grove "Picnic Grove" throw anchor, tie up and enjoy the rest of the day.

Sunday, any participants are welcome to join us at World's in WI. We are the host dealer, will have VIP tent tickets available, roped off parking for Supra/Moomba Boat owners wanting to display their "Pride & Joy", giveaways, baggo, games, prizes and good times. What else do you expect from the USA's #1 Skiers Choice Dealer.

We are looking forward to this weekend and hope to see you there!!! Remember, everything is kid/family friendly and encouraged. Bring one, bring all.

Here's a map of where the sandbar tie-up area is for Saturday....

PicnicGrove2.jpg