Hybrid View

Cool Save-the-date 2012 midwest moomba/supra owners’ reunion

Host: Lauderdale Lakes Chicago
    Date: Friday, August 17 – Sunday, August 19
    Tentative agenda: golf outing, evening social, day on the water, and opportunity to attend WWA World Championships

I met yesterday with host dealership. Event is in formation. Its focus right now is getting customer boats ready for the traditional start of boating season this Memorial Day weekend. Details on reunion to follow in the next few weeks. Stay tuned!
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

Interestingly enough, I believe I will be in Schaumburg that entire week flying out Friday night. We got an email today saying that our Friday event had been cancelled, so I may be able to stop in for the day. I believe my flight out was at nine something that evening. I'll check back once an agenda comes through.
    -Mark
    2005 LSV
    Tow w/:
    Volkswagen Touareg V8
    Mods: Stereo, Stainless Cup Holders and Thru Hulls, Chrome Steering Wheel, EZ Nets, Moomba Etched Cleats

"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, bc your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."

-John Wooden

Hate that I know this off the top of my head, but the last Delta flight out of ORD is at 7:30 pm. And, it's usually delayed!

Ha! Life of a jet setter. And that is ole Wolfe not me. I just travel a lot.
    -Mark
    2005 LSV
    Tow w/:
    Volkswagen Touareg V8
    Mods: Stereo, Stainless Cup Holders and Thru Hulls, Chrome Steering Wheel, EZ Nets, Moomba Etched Cleats

"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, bc your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."

-John Wooden

I stopped by Lauderdale Lakes Chicago this afternoon for a brief meeting.

A few updates:

First, looks like Friday’s golf outing will be an afternoon event, wrapping up around 5:00 p.m. and followed by the evening social at Lauderdale Lakes Chicago. Hoping to hold the golf outing at the club conveniently located across the street from Lauderdale Lakes Chicago.

Second, there is a possibility that Skiers Choice will have a 2013 model Moomba, 2013 model Supra, and Supra’s Rockstar wake boat on display for the Friday evening social event.

Third, Saturday’s day on the water will launch in the morning from Fox River Preserve and have its final stop late in the afternoon at Fox River Grove beach. There will be meet up locations throughout the day along the river for anyone arriving late.

For those needing lodging, there are a number of hotel choices in the general area. The Hampton Inn in nearby McHenry is close by, located approximately 4 miles from Lauderdale Lakes Chicago. I will be asking for a discounted group rate.

Lauderdale Lakes Chicago will be setting up a Facebook account to handle invites and communicate event information. In addition, Skiers Choice will be making announcements and providing information.

Keep in mind that the final round of the Rockstar WWA Wakeboard World Championships presented by Supra will take place on Sunday. Event venue is Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin, located about thirty-seven miles northeast of Lauderdale Lakes Chicago.

Will keep you posted as reunion weekend details and more information come together.

Reunion dates: Friday, August 17 – Sunday, August 19.
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

Two updates:

The Hampton Inn McHenry has set aside a block of rooms. The rate is $95 per night, including breakfast. A link to the hotel will be on the Facebook page that Lauderdale Lakes Chicago and Skiers Choice are setting up for this event. Hotel is a five-minute drive from Lauderdale Lakes Chicago.

Friday’s golf outing will be held at Prairie Isle Golf Club, located across the street from Lauderdale Lakes Chicago. Depending on how many sign up, format will be sequential t times or a staggered shotgun start. Per person cost for 18-holes will be approximately $38, including electric cart. All ability levels welcome.

More details to come, including information on Friday night’s barbecue social at Lauderdale Lakes Chicago, Saturday’s day on the water, and Sunday’s VIP logistics at the Rockstar WWA Wakeboard World Championships.

Reunion dates: Friday, August 17 – Sunday, August 19
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart