Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Default 2012 Skier's Choice Sinclair Jam - July 14 in Milledgeville, GA

I'll post up details for hotels, ramps, and event specifics soon, but here is the official notification of this year's event. Folks are welcome anytime, but Saturday wil be the big day on the lake & on shore. Hope to have our biggest turnout yet!

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....s-Sinclair-Jam

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....lledgeville-GA

some photos from last years jam

if your a days drive or so away, its worth the days drive or so to make it
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

This is a non-SC sponsored event, but we will have all the things needed to have a great time: a great lake, lots of bergers & dogs, cold beer and plenty of Skier's Choice boats.

Following are a few details about Lake Sinclair for anyone that wants to join us:

located in Milledgeville, GA - 15,000+ acres of water and 417 miles of shoreline. often cited as "the cleanest lake in GA"

http://www.georgiapower.com/lakes/Sinclair.asp

If you're out looking for us, we live in the Island Creek area of Lake Sinclair. We'll plan to be down by the Sinclair Dam around 10:00 am and go from there. Around 2:00 pm, I'll get my grill fired up and we can get together for some fun & fellowship.

Local hotels on the West side of the lake are close to public ramps and town of Milledgeville, but better for hanging out with all of us are the condos at Lake Sinclair Villages. Older, but mostly remodeled and in good shape with a ramp on site, assigned slip, etc. for same, or less, than a hotel room. Here is an example:

http://www.vrbo.com/313194

There are some rental homes available also.

There are a few islands on the lake that people do primitive camping on. These islands offer some great spots to hang out and enjoy the lake. They are located close to the Sinclair Dam & Baldwin County Airport (for those looking on a map)

Below is a map with some of the key places such as Marinas with gas & ramps, GA Power daily access ramps (I think these require a nominal daily fee), WalMart SuperCenter, a few restaurants, Lake Sinclair Villages and my place.

We will plan to stay in the Isalnd Creek area which is the arm that the Lake Sinclair Villages and my place are on as well as the main body of water to the South, by the dam.

Below is a pic & link (hope it works) to the google map I made that should let you zoom in/out, get directions, etc.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?authu...d571f8b042d315
    Last edited by wolfeman131; 05-23-2012 at 04:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    we will have all the things needed to have a great time: a great lake, lots of bugers & dogs, cold beer and plenty of Skier's Choice boats.
    Ewwwwwwww Gross! Might wanna throw in some tissues
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

About time you FINALLY put up the thread...SLACKER!

The E4 Clan is IN!
    SOLD! 2011 Mobius LSV 325HP EFI
    Digital Cruise Pro, Wakeplate, Kenwood KM550U and KCA-RC107MR x2, Kicker ZXM700.5, Kicker 6.5 Cabins, 10'' Kicker CompVT sub, Wetsounds SYN 4, Wetsounds REV10s, Wetsounds WS420Q, Gravity VI Surf Ballast, Acme 537

Board: '12 LF Harley (Monster) 139
    Her Board: '11 Ronix Krush 128
    Kids Board: '13 Ronix Vision 120
    Skate: LF Faction 44
    Surf: LF Custom Quad & XXX

Tow Rig:
    2011 Toyota Tundra CrewMax TRD Magnetic Grey
    3/1 Truxx Lift, and some other stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    Ewwwwwwww Gross! Might wanna throw in some tissues
    funny.

how ya like my edit?

perfect!

Just figured it out, roughly 2700 miles one way. So if I drive 15 hrs a day I should be there in three days. Guess I'll have to head out on Wed the 11th to make it on time.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    perfect!

Just figured it out, roughly 2700 miles one way. So if I drive 15 hrs a day I should be there in three days. Guess I'll have to head out on Wed the 11th to make it on time.
    id suggest taking off tuesday and see some sights along the way-bringing the boat? if not I got room for ya
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

811 miles for me. Would love to come down but have a couple other long weekend boat trips planned.
    2008 Supra 21V-Currently For Sale

Just got our rental house locked down! Looks to be in the same area as you. Has 2 covered lifts and we'll be coming down EARLY Friday morning and heading out to Florida Sunday afternoon! REALLY looking forward to this week of vacation!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SOLD! 2011 Mobius LSV 325HP EFI
    Digital Cruise Pro, Wakeplate, Kenwood KM550U and KCA-RC107MR x2, Kicker ZXM700.5, Kicker 6.5 Cabins, 10'' Kicker CompVT sub, Wetsounds SYN 4, Wetsounds REV10s, Wetsounds WS420Q, Gravity VI Surf Ballast, Acme 537

Board: '12 LF Harley (Monster) 139
    Her Board: '11 Ronix Krush 128
    Kids Board: '13 Ronix Vision 120
    Skate: LF Faction 44
    Surf: LF Custom Quad & XXX

Tow Rig:
    2011 Toyota Tundra CrewMax TRD Magnetic Grey
    3/1 Truxx Lift, and some other stuff...