Thread: loose handle

Default loose handle

I have a loose handle

Ok my throttle handle is loose. It has some play front to back when it's in the neutral position. But more concerning to me is the side to side looseness. It has about an inch movement left and right, on either side of center. Does anyone know how the throttle lever is assembled? I'm assuming I need to disassemble it to figure out where the play is coming from, but don't want to tear into it if there are things I need to be aware of so I don't screw it up.
    2006 Outback V - Gone
    2008 LSV - Gone
    2013 other brand

Haven't taken one of these off but I have a theory for stuff like this. It goes like this: They put it on there so that means it also comes off. It's probably very hard to reach the back side. But, if it goes on and comes off it will also tighten up.

Steal a couple make-up mirrors from the boss and a good flashlight and try to get a look. And/or reach your arm up in there any way you can and see if you can feel anything loose. Good luck!
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Thanks Kane, I'm going to dig into it tonight and see what I can figure out.
    2006 Outback V - Gone
    2008 LSV - Gone
    2013 other brand

Fixed it. It was pretty simple once I stared at it for a while. There is a set screw at the bottom of the throttle handle that needed to be tightened.
    2006 Outback V - Gone
    2008 LSV - Gone
    2013 other brand

I have the right front grab handle loose on my boat and I can't reach it, my girl tightened it for my by hand a month ago cause I didnt bring the right sized socket and I would like to use a socket and get it all the way tight but I hate taking the speaker out over and over again.

How many times can you remove a speaker and put it back into fiberglass before the fiber glass will no longer hold the screw??

Sent from my iPhone newtys droid killer using Tapatalk
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD