Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Question Blew Another tire, trailer vibration?

As i posted at the end of last season, i ended with a Bang, Blowing a tire ,which threw a tread and mangeled a fender etc. Luckily no boat damage.
    Today while heading to the lake i Blew out the brand new tire that replaced the last one. Tire was properly inflated,not excessive speed, boat not overloaded..... My question is? Recently i've noticed that while towing i have/had quite excessive wagging of the boat guides,particularily on the said side of the boat. Recently while fixing other stuff i tightened the guide ,bolts underneith and took most of the wiggle outta both guides.

Today while pulling i notice there is still a little wiggle particllarilly on the side of question. Axle and hub all seem normal?,tires while rolling don't seem to have excessive camber/toe in/toe out. I had somone follow and watch for a while on the way back. wondering if there is something really wrong that i am missing.

Is it just S#$% luck with these tires etc or what. Also since i had a spare that is old and worn ... was to be replaced soon i didn't want to chance going further,and on a sunday nearly Nothing is open . I found an RV place near where i had a blowout who actually sold me a Noname brand tire,but sadly no one was around to be able to install it on the rim. Wasn't going to chance another blowout so called it a day and headed home, Sadly this is/ was one of our nicest days this S#$%y short summer so far... Any suggestions what may be wrong and what i need to look for.? Trailer is a boatmate Single axle, torsion axle type. I've sent an email to them as well and hopefully someone has some insight... Maybe just another S#$% China made tire?????
    07 Outback DD

I'm gonna go with crappy luck brotha. Keeping my fingers crossed that you can get on the water soon thou
    Jason

Go Hard or Go Home.......it's MOOMBA time!!

2009 Moomba Mobius LSV

I blew a tire this weekend as well. it was older (circa 2002) so i assume it was dry rot.. However, I did notice alot of shimmying of the trailer right before it blew.
    2003 Mobius LSV Gravity Games
    Total Noob running 1100 in the center, 750s in the lockers.
    JL JX360/4 powering 6 Infinity 621m speakers

Mikey, You didn't toast another fender did you?
    That would suck ass...............

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Front right (starboard)?
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

Do you balance your tires? I know I had a blowout last year and found that I had lost my wheel weights. There was a lot of vibration on that side before the blowout. Also, even though you bought a "new" tire, I also check the date stamp because some tire shops sell old tires. I just pulled mine for 8 hours in 105 deg. and no issues. There was little to no vibration with my new tires that are balanced. Just some thought from my experiences.
    2004 Mobius LSV

Apparently none of my tires are balanced. I went to a tire shop today to get a tire mounted and we quickly realized it was never balanced. Checked my others and they are the same.I had a fairly significant vibration going,noticeable in the boat guide on the trailer just before,tire blew. Seem s my rim has a heavy spot ,which might make it kinda bounce as well. Its balanced now but gonna do some more balancing and replacing and do some tire shuffling. hopefully problem has been somewhat diagnosed and or possibly cured. Tire guy said this is very common on trailers and should make quite a significant improvement to wear and or towability.???? Hopefully....

Viking , minor damage ,more of a burn spot that paint kinda blew off likely when fender dropped down ont tire?. Kinda fixed, gonna just touch up with a spray bomb,for now,will deal with it later.
    07 Outback DD

All my tires are fresh,and balanced although different brands,ready to go. Took boat and trailer out for a quick short 15 minute drive down the highway etc and trailer seems smooth now . Guide poles not moving around(was one of my indicator of vibration). hopefully all good to go . Hopefully all bugs worked out and ready to go..... Now comeon Saturday. Weather is even cooperating?????Who'da thunk it...
    07 Outback DD

Quick pic of my afternoon on the way to lake yesterday.

It's been a rough summer so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Todd
    2017 SUPRA SA450

Woah...didn't you just get the boat back?
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold