Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: wake plate

Default wake plate

took the boat out today for the first run of the year and my wake plate was acting up. while wake boarding first thing in the day it was very slow reacting to the lever but did move... after wards we wanted to surf and it was stuck down you could hear it hum when you hit the lever so i know its not a fuse or anything. any ideas what my issue could be
    thanks guys
    08 lsv all red- dual battery system, kicker 700.5 and 450.2 amp, 10" kicker sub, wetsounds eq, polk db651 cabin speakers, exile xm7 tower speakers, ss thru hull fittings, seadek pad, evolutions cover

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=10664

Could it just be a problem with the gauge or did you confirm the plate itself wasn't moving correctly. My gauge was acting up a couple seasons ago. I guess you should also check the fluid.
    -2012 Supra Launch 21V
    -2008 Mobius LSV

X2 on check the fluid level. Uses ATF fluid.
    2005 Mobius LSV
    325 EFI

Quote Originally Posted by VA LSV View Post
    X2 on check the fluid level. Uses ATF fluid.
    X3 on fluid level check. If you have to add fluid don't overfill and then cycle the plate between fully down and fully up about 10 times to get any air worked out of lines.
    Kraig - 2010 Outback V

yeah i did confirm it wasn't working tried to surf and with the wake plate down it was really hard to find the sweet spot. i'll check the fluid tomorrow... will the air work its way out of the line itself just by cycling it up and down... i guess this is a bone head thing on my part didn't even know there was something seperate for the wake plate is it in the engine compartment or on the wake plate ? thanks for the input guys
    08 lsv all red- dual battery system, kicker 700.5 and 450.2 amp, 10" kicker sub, wetsounds eq, polk db651 cabin speakers, exile xm7 tower speakers, ss thru hull fittings, seadek pad, evolutions cover

Pump and resevoir are located in the engine compartment, passenger side. The tank is opaque to visually check the level. You'll need to remove the plastic cover to gain access to the very small fill plug. The air will work itself out very quickly. Do your final fill with the plate up so you don't overfill the resivoir. Look for leaks at the actuators attached to the plate. Bennett Trim Tabs sent me replacement O rings to repair my leak and when one failed again, they sent me a new actuator.
    2005 Mobius LSV
    325 EFI

my fluid level was in the range but i added more to top it off i hear the motor running so i know its not the fuse or lose wire but wakeplate still won't move... any ideas now? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gus 08 mobius lsv View Post
    my fluid level was in the range but i added more to top it off i hear the motor running so i know its not the fuse or lose wire but wakeplate still won't move... any ideas now? thanks
    If your hearing the pump motor run but the plate isnt moving you can try to gently tap the the wake plate with a rubber mallet while making the wake plate move up. Hit it right where the piston attached. The piston could have got locked into position over the winter. Other then that id be looking at a new piston. You can also try disconnecting the line at the piston and hitting the wake plate lever to see if fluid comes out. That will tell you theres no issues with fluid delivery.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

First run of the summer, wake plate not working. I do not hear the pump motor. I have traced wires all around and I cannot find the fuse. Can someone tell me where it is?

Lrock
    06 Outback V

Quote Originally Posted by lrock View Post
    First run of the summer, wake plate not working. I do not hear the pump motor. I have traced wires all around and I cannot find the fuse. Can someone tell me where it is?

Lrock
    06 Outback V
    There is 2 sets of fuses, at least on my 08 LSV. Under the dash upper left side when looking at the steering wheel, you have a set of pull out fises, and possibly a set of push button circuit breakers.

Is everything else in the boat working?
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]