Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I totally agree with everything david spoke of, but I would think in his price range, class d might be out of it, and there are thousands of boats out there with non class-d stuff in them working just fine.
    like anything, as they become more readily available, the price will drop as well.

to op-call david at earmark and he will surely have some good solutions from the a/b camp and be able to offer pricing on class d stuff so you can make the decision for yourself they are good folks there....
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by EarmarkMarine View Post
    Sure. Most any 5-channel amplifier will handle six 4-ohm coaixials and a single 2-ohm subwoofer.

David
    Earmark Marine

Would this amp run my setup without getting superhot? I have little to no air circulation where my amp is mounted.

Kicker ZXM700.5 (10ZXM700.5)
    700W RMS, 5-Channel ZXM Series Marine Amplifier (ZXM7005)

I'm guessing its only a d class on the subwoofer side.

Or this one. Little out of my price range but if it would run my setup I may go for it.

JL Audio M700/5
    700W 5-Channel Class D M-Series Marine Amplifier

I'd take the jl in a heartbeat. that doesn't fix your tower scenario unless you are going to keep the jensen for that for the time being..
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

I found this one for the tower speakers. What do you think?

JL Audio M200/2-

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    I'd take the jl in a heartbeat. that doesn't fix your tower scenario unless you are going to keep the jensen for that for the time being..
    X2........
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

I would take Davids recommendations on the amp. It may be a bit out of budget now but look at it this way...buy the wrong amp now and then buy the proper one later, or just boy the correct one from the get go. A bit more cost up front, but you are done and know everything matches the way it should.
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by oleblue22 View Post
    Let me say first this seems like a great site, lots of good info. First time poster, long time reader. I have an 05 outback LSV. Looking to upgrade my sound system.

Here's what I have now. Tower speakers are two Kicker KMT6, cabin speakers are 6 polk db651's. I also have a 10" kicker cvt 2 ohm sub.

I have a hand me down jensen 2 channel 500 watt amp pushing the tower speakers and the cabin speakers. The head unit doesn't have any speakers hooked to it. The jensen is running everything. The sub is not hooked up only mounted in the boat. Needless to say this aint workin for me. The amp will push the speakers and it sounds descent but it gets super hot. It's in the storage compartment under the glovebox so there's not much air circulation there anyway.

My head unit is a kenwood kmr 440u.

I need some recommendations for an amp to run my 6 cabin speakers 2 tower speakers and one sub. If I need to do two amps so be it. I only have one battery for now but I can add another one if need be. Sorry for the long post but I'm pretty new at this audio stuff so go easy on me. I really appreciate your help.

Feel free to throw in any other recommendations as well as tips, wire size, mounting locations etc.
    I had this EXACT speaker setup in my previous '05 LS except I had the 12" cvt. Also had the same HU. The two amps I used were the Kicker ZXM 700.5 for the in-boats and Sub. For the towers I used the Kicker ZXM 450.2. This system ROCKED in my old boat. If you are on a budget it's not a bad way to go. I got both of those amps for about $500 total on Ebay brand new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SOLD! 2011 Mobius LSV 325HP EFI
    Digital Cruise Pro, Wakeplate, Kenwood KM550U and KCA-RC107MR x2, Kicker ZXM700.5, Kicker 6.5 Cabins, 10'' Kicker CompVT sub, Wetsounds SYN 4, Wetsounds REV10s, Wetsounds WS420Q, Gravity VI Surf Ballast, Acme 537

Board: '12 LF Harley (Monster) 139
    Her Board: '11 Ronix Krush 128
    Kids Board: '13 Ronix Vision 120
    Skate: LF Faction 44
    Surf: LF Custom Quad & XXX

Tow Rig:
    2011 Toyota Tundra CrewMax TRD Magnetic Grey
    3/1 Truxx Lift, and some other stuff...

oleblue22,
    In a two-channel amplifier, you will need a 450 watt total power at the 2-ohm load rating in order to deliver the 2 x 150 watts that your tower speakers would like at a 4-ohm load. For one pair of 4-ohm tower speakers it's customary to go with a bridged 4-channel amplifier as it is usually a more cost effective way to achieve the right power.

David
    Earmark Marine

[QUOTE=E4NASH;178942]I had this EXACT speaker setup in my previous '05 LS except I had the 12" cvt. Also had the same HU. The two amps I used were the Kicker ZXM 700.5 for the in-boats and Sub. For the towers I used the Kicker ZXM 450.2. This system ROCKED in my old boat. If you are on a budget it's not a bad way to go. I got both of those amps for about $500 total on Ebay brand new.

Do you have any pictures of your old setup? Did you run two batteries? Did the amps ever get hot and shut off on you? I'm in between the kicker amps and the jl audio class d amps.

I did have two batteries and yea the 700.5 would shut off if it was being played REALLY loud for a LONG period of time. I think that only happened once or twice. What helped was if we were sitting in the "party cove" with the radio cranked we'd open the compartment and the seat cushion in front to get air circulating and that seemed to help. There should be some pics in my gallery on this site. Click in my profile and check them out. I have the 700.5 in my new boat too and I haven't had that problem yet and we crank it pretty good.

From the old boat:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1337699728.634730.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SOLD! 2011 Mobius LSV 325HP EFI
    Digital Cruise Pro, Wakeplate, Kenwood KM550U and KCA-RC107MR x2, Kicker ZXM700.5, Kicker 6.5 Cabins, 10'' Kicker CompVT sub, Wetsounds SYN 4, Wetsounds REV10s, Wetsounds WS420Q, Gravity VI Surf Ballast, Acme 537

Board: '12 LF Harley (Monster) 139
    Her Board: '11 Ronix Krush 128
    Kids Board: '13 Ronix Vision 120
    Skate: LF Faction 44
    Surf: LF Custom Quad & XXX

Tow Rig:
    2011 Toyota Tundra CrewMax TRD Magnetic Grey
    3/1 Truxx Lift, and some other stuff...