Let me say first this seems like a great site, lots of good info. First time poster, long time reader. I have an 05 outback LSV. Looking to upgrade my sound system.

Here's what I have now. Tower speakers are two Kicker KMT6, cabin speakers are 6 polk db651's. I also have a 10" kicker cvt 2 ohm sub.

I have a hand me down jensen 2 channel 500 watt amp pushing the tower speakers and the cabin speakers. The head unit doesn't have any speakers hooked to it. The jensen is running everything. The sub is not hooked up only mounted in the boat. Needless to say this aint workin for me. The amp will push the speakers and it sounds descent but it gets super hot. It's in the storage compartment under the glovebox so there's not much air circulation there anyway.

My head unit is a kenwood kmr 440u.

I need some recommendations for an amp to run my 6 cabin speakers 2 tower speakers and one sub. If I need to do two amps so be it. I only have one battery for now but I can add another one if need be. Sorry for the long post but I'm pretty new at this audio stuff so go easy on me. I really appreciate your help.

Feel free to throw in any other recommendations as well as tips, wire size, mounting locations etc.