Default WS420 LEDs not on

So last time I was home we went out on the water and all but 2 of the LED backlit rings on my WS420 decided to not light up. Anyone else have this problem??? The only two that work are the volume knob and PA knob.
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

That is odd for several reasons...those LEDs last forever in our experience, to have multiples out simultaneously is even more rare and all those LEDs are on the same circuit.
    Pop the top and look for signs of corrosion like a white powdery residue. The circuit board is conformal coated but the LEDs are stood off the circuit board.
    The WS420 uses all sealed pots at the front of the EQ which make them highly corrosive resistant so it is possible that the issue only arose with the LEDs.
    If you have evidence of corrosion then use a very soft bristle toothbrush and spray can tuner wash to clean the board.

David
    Earmark Marine

thanks for the info, i will pass it on to the new owner of my ws420. i have an exile ZLD already on the way
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD