Hi everyone, I am new to moomba boats and the whole inboard/ vdrive world. so I'll probably have a lot of questions. My first two being about ballast and customer service on pickup?
1.customer service....went to pick up boat yesterday and racks were not changed over to swivels like we agreed upon so had to wait an hour and a half to sort out. boat interior was filthy because they had it in show room, scratches on boat...decals all banged up at bottom O on moomba chrome decal bubbled...(dealers taking care of that)......when installing swivel board racks dropped wrench left a fairly big scratch........upgraded to 750 ballast bags........they left one 1/4 full.....got to my lake late last night and it won't empty which leads me to my first question.......any solid answers why...I have been being reading forums and they are very helpful but not to sure what solution I should use as the boat has 2hrs on it so everything should be working fine and I don't want to buy new pumps etc.....anyway second question has anyone else had an experience like this on? It's a brand new boat off the floor and I guess I expected more....my friend bought a mastercraft they took him wakeboarding for the day and treated him like royalty....The sales guy didn't even want to take us out on the water and it seems as though they didn't even look over the boat before I picked it up?
anyway, I really like the boat and I am looking forward to figuring out everything today. I will send pics tonight....man I don't even know how to store the bimini on the V2 tower!!!