Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: BIG 12 vs. SEC

A ring is a ring just as a defeat is a defeat! Hook Em. And you know just as well as i do that that #1 ranking means nothing going into the CWS tourney. It's a good start yes buy means nothing cause #1 seed usually always falls

Sent from my home phone..
    Jason

Go Hard or Go Home.......it's MOOMBA time!!

2009 Moomba Mobius LSV

Petty is probably going to get all geeked up if the OK Gooners girls softball team beats Bama in the WCWS.

Its on the TV @ the bar I'm in, otherwise I would have no freaking idea who was playing. Nor would I be watching.

I'm actually watching it as well. Not sure why. I got caught up watching UGA girls this season as they seemed to be on tv a lot. They got the shaft by the ump against Bama.

Wolfe: My favorite player is hails from Ohio actually. Tess Sito. She was a transfer this season from a school called Elyria? Cool name and she is always dirty from sliding. Tough chick.

-Mark
    2005 LSV
    Tow w/:
    Volkswagen Touareg V8
    Mods: Stereo, Stainless Cup Holders and Thru Hulls, Chrome Steering Wheel, EZ Nets, Moomba Etched Cleats

"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, bc your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."

-John Wooden

Not all geeked up, it's just another arse whooping of the sec courtesy of the BIG 12!

Get outta the bar wolfey-

Sent from my home phone..
    Jason

Go Hard or Go Home.......it's MOOMBA time!!

2009 Moomba Mobius LSV

After further research it looks like the SEC knows how to grow em unlike those women of the Big 12 with gravy running through their veins.

-Mark
    2005 LSV
    Tow w/:
    Volkswagen Touareg V8
    Mods: Stereo, Stainless Cup Holders and Thru Hulls, Chrome Steering Wheel, EZ Nets, Moomba Etched Cleats

"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, bc your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."

-John Wooden

Getting back to the SEC football talk.....Here is the breakdown of current recruiting classes for 2013. Once again the SEC is dominating holding down 60% of the top 10.

Although the Georgia breakdown is obviously from the Gator idiot Chris Nee. He says that Henry is expected to start. We are not expecting Henry to crack the top 3 with the stable we have back there. For the Tennessee fans on the board (And I KNOW we have some) where is UT in these rankings??? LMBO! I better watch my mouth, bc the Tennessee fans I speak of are kinda a big deal around here if you get my drift.

Top 10 teams
    1. MICHIGAN
    Total commits: 20
    Star average: 3.70
    Top commitments: PQB Shane Morris (No. 22 in Rivals100), DT Henry Poggi (No. 52 in Rivals100), OLB Mike McCray (No. 55 in Rivals100), OT Chris Fox (No. 57 in Rivals100), OT Patrick Kugler (No. 73 in Rivals100), OT Kyle Bosch (No. 77 in Rivals100), S Dymonte Thomas (No. 95 in Rivals100)
    The Buzz: Michigan has the top overall class in the nation as June begins. The Wolverines lead the county in total commitments. Among their 20 commitments, 14 are rated four-star prospects. Seven of those prospects are members of the Rivals100, led by the nation's No. 2 pro-style quarterback in Morris, who is a four-star prospect.
    MORE MICHIGAN: TheWolverine.com

2. GEORGIA
    Total commits: 19
    Star average: 3.47
    Top commitments: ATH Derrick Henry (No. 38 in Rivals100), S Tray Matthews (No. 85 in Rivals100)
    The Buzz: Georgia is racking up commitments at a record pace for Mark Richt and the Bulldogs. With 19 already in the fold, the Dawgs are more than six months ahead of the pace from a year ago. The class is led by the nation's top athlete, Henry, who is expected to start at running back when he reaches Georgia. Another excellent get for Georgia was Marietta (Ga.) Walton four-star offensive center Brandon Kublanow, who is the nation's No. 2 overall center.
    MORE GEORGIA: UGASports.com

3. TEXAS
    Total commits: 14
    Star average: 3.86
    Top commitments: DQB Tyrone Swoopes (No. 17 in Rivals100), WR Ricky Seals-Jones (No. 18 in Rivals100), OT Kent Perkins (No. 32 in Rivals100), OLB Deoundrei Davis (No. 46 in Rivals100), OT Jake Raulerson (No. 61 in Rivals100), WR Jake Oliver (No. 72 in Rivals100), DT A'Shawn Robinson (No. 87 in Rivals100), CB Antwuan Davis (No. 93 in Rivals100)
    The Buzz: Texas is in familiar territory near the top of the team rankings. Mack Brown and company have once again begun with a flurry of top-tier commitments. The class is led by the top dual-threat quarterback in the nation in the five-star Swoopes and the top wide receiver in the nation in four-star Seals-Jones.
    MORE TEXAS: Orangebloods.com

4. ALABAMA
    Star average: 3.79
    Top commitments: ILB Reuben Foster (No. 2 in Rivals100), TE O.J. Howard (No. 30 in Rivals100), WDE Jonathan Allen (No. 35 in Rivals100), RB Altee Tenpenny (No. 53 in Rivals100), PQB Cooper Bateman (No. 92 in Rivals100)
    The Buzz: Nick Saban and Alabama are once again assembling an excellent group of prospects to bring to Tuscaloosa. The Crimson Tide landed a commitment from the No. 2 overall prospect in the nation with five-star Foster. Four-star Howard is the nation's No. 2 overall prospect at his position.
    MORE ALABAMA: TideSports.com

5. FLORIDA
    Total commits: 16
    Star average: 3.56
    Top commitments: ILB Daniel McMillian (No. 66 in Rivals100), WR Ahmad Fulwood (No. 69 in Rivals100), RB Kelvin Taylor (No. 92 in Rivals100), S Nick Washington (No. 99 in Rivals100)
    The Buzz: Will Muschamp and Florida addressed some major needs early in the process, loading up at linebacker and wide receiver. They landed two of the nation's best at the positions in four-star McMillian, the No. 4 inside linebacker in the nation, and four-star Fulwood, the No. 9 wide receiver in the nation.
    MORE FLORIDA: InsidetheGators.com

6. TEXAS A&M
    Total commits: 16
    Star average: 3.44
    Top commitments: WR Derrick Griffin (No. 25 in Rivals100), DT Isaiah Golden (No. 126 in Rivals250), OG Ishmael Wilson (No. 159 in Rivals250), WR Laquvionte Gonzalez (No. 164 in Rivals250), DT Kerrick Huggins (No. 166 in Rivals250), DQB Kenny Hill (No. 178 in Rivals250), PQB Kohl Stewart (No. 209 in Rivals250)
    The Buzz: As Texas A&M prepares for its first season in the SEC, the Aggies are assembling a class to help make them a contender in the ultra-competitive league. Four-star Griffin is the crown jewel of a class that includes seven four-star prospects already. The best defensive prospect in the class for the Aggies is four-star Golden, who is ranked at No. 126 overall in the Rivals250.
    MORE TEXAS A&M: AggieYell.com

7. OHIO STATE
    Total commits: 11
    Star average: 4.00
    Top commitments: CB Cameron Burrows (No. 13 in Rivals100), CB Eli Woodard (No. 19 in Rivals100), SDE Joey Bosa (No. 20 in Rivals100), ATH Jalin Marshall (No. 48 in Rivals100)
    The Buzz: Ohio State is a story of quality over quantity at this point in the process. Out of its 11 commitments, 10 of them are ranked four-star prospects or better. The class is led by a pair of talented cornerbacks in five-star Burrows and four-star Woodard. Four-star Bosa will rush the passer off the edge for the Buckeyes.
    MORE OHIO STATE: BuckeyeGrove.com

8. LSU
    Star average: 3.71
    Top commitments: OT Ethan Pocic (No. 36 in Rivals100), WR John Diarse (No. 83 in Rivals100), PQB Hayden Rettig (No. 84 in Rivals100)
    The Buzz: With five commitments over the past two weeks, LSU has made a surge into the top 10 of the team rankings. The Tigers' top commitment in that time is four-star Pocic, who is considered the nation's No. 3 offensive tackle. They also landed their quarterback of the future in four-star Rettig.
    MORE LSU: TigerBait.com

9. NOTRE DAME
    Total commits: 13
    Star average: 3.62
    Top commitments: OLB Jaylon Smith (No. 4 in Rivals100), OT John Montelus (No. 79 in Rivals100)
    The Buzz: Notre Dame landed the nation's top outside linebacker on Saturday when the Irish kept Smith in his home state for college. The Irish are loading up along the offensive line in the 2013 class with four of their seven top commitments coming up front. They will provide blocking for the nation's No. 4 dual-threat quarterback Malik Zaire, who is ranked as a four-star prospect.
    MORE NOTRE DAME: IrishIllustrated.com

10. AUBURN
    Total commits: 11
    Star average: 3.45
    Top commitments: WDE Carl Lawson (No. 14 in Rivals100), SDE Dee Liner (No. 15 in Rivals100), ILB Trey Johnson (No. 42 in Rivals100)
    The Buzz: Auburn has assembled a very strong defensive class thus far with seven of its 11 commitments coming on that side of the ball. The group is led by five-star Lawson, the nation's top weakside defensive end, as well as five-star Liner and four-star Johnson. The top offensive commitment for Gene Chizik and company is in-state four-star wide receiver Earnest Robinson, who is No. 113 in the Rivals250.
    MORE AUBURN: AuburnSports.com
    -Mark
    2005 LSV
    Tow w/:
    Volkswagen Touareg V8

-John Wooden

Good stuff. I don't see Florida State on here. I keep hearing about this great class. Wonder where they all are.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

You guys are borderline scary!!!

Mark, did not know we had mel kyper jr on here...

Gotta love meat and potatoe girls....
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Kane: FSU is number 13 right now. They will move up when it is all said and done as they are in the top group for quite a few big names. They have gotten two solid OL prospects which they really needed two years ago. They have recruited very well the last two years almost getting back to when Bowden was in his prime. But they have also missed big on a few prospects evaluations as well. Insert Jeff Luc here.

JV: I am one of the freaks who pays money every month to get the inside info on where 17 and 18 year olds are going to play football. I am a nut. But I really get into the evaluation of these players. Love studying film and seeing how my evaluations measure up a few years down the road. Recruiting is getting a little ridiculous now a days with the medias coverage of these kids. Add social media (Twitter and FB) into the mix and it makes it even worse. Wish we could tame this entitlement mentality so many of these kids have today. Sad fact.....A lot of kids will not consider a school unless they are offered a scholarship their SOPHOMORE year of HS! They say, that the schools are not "showing them love" when they offer in their junior year.
    -Mark
    2005 LSV
    Tow w/:
    Volkswagen Touareg V8

-John Wooden

An update on college football playoffs ....

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2012/0...layoff-system/
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles