Default Mobius LS 2005 engine trouble

Our family purchased a new Moomba Mobius 2005 LS in March, and have had very few problems - untill this weekend.

I started the boat fine, but after 10 seconds of movement, the engine cuts out, and everything dies. The water was perfectly flat, and no bumps were hit. The boat, from then on, would not start. The engine turns over and the gauges work, but no go. It sounded as if the engine wasn't getting gas - which was my first thought, because our dealer had told us quite a few people had problems with a certain batch of fuel pumps. We got the boat towed back into our lift / whips. We tried it a few more times throughout the day, and once the next morning. While trying to start the boat, I tried a technqiue our dealer had noted to try if there was problems starting the engine: pumping the throttle once before turning the key - no results.

So after getting the boat towed in and on the trailer, we take it to the dealer for a fix (about an hour and a half drive).

The dealer calls this morning to let us know that there was no problem for him...the boat fired fine. This is not comforting, so any ideas you guys have would be great.

Chris

Default Replying to Topic 'Mobius LS 2005 engine trouble'

Check the anti siphon valve @ the gas tank. Mine had the same symptoms as yours........ran fer a sec or 2 then quit.......fortunately mine's a carb motor, and i could see it wasn't getting any petrol......
    Hope this helps
    Jim
    North Carolina
    Learn all you can today. Tomorrow you may need to know it!
    2004 Moomba Outback. Tower Speakers, amp, ballast, ssrr ... she's a cutie!

Default Replying to Topic 'Mobius LS 2005 engine trouble'

What engine is in this boat ? Do you get gas on the water only ? When it dies is it a slow stall or a quick stop?