Thread: Amp Setup

Default Amp Setup

I am not a big DIYer but figured I would give this a go. I am wanting to connect another amp for my tower speakers. When connecting the second amp do I have to run everything separate or can I run wires into the current Kicker amp? Or is it a combination of both and if so what wires can I run into the Kicker amp and what wires do I need to run separetly? The current Kicker amp is the ZX200.4. The amp I want to connect is the Clarion XN3210 if that matters. Any help would be appreciated.
    2009 Moomba XLV

Obviously the speakers you intend to power with the new amp will need to br connected directly to the amp. This amp will need a set of RCA cables run from the head-unit as well. You will need to run the proper size B+ and GND cables directly from the battery to this new amp, with the appropriate circuit protection on the B+ cable, just off the battery. The one wire you can run from the existing amp to the new amp will be the remote turn-on wire.

Ok gotcha...The only wire that can go amp to amp is the remote wire....Thanks.
    2009 Moomba XLV