Default Dumb question - demo mode

I have yet to be able to get my stock kenwood head unit off demo mode, it goes back to it after a minute or so. I bought the boat new in 08 and, like an idiot, have been sporting demo mode ever since. How do I turn off demo mode haha?

Another quick question, last season we had our IPhones playing through the headphone jack and plugged into the front of the headunit. It's not working this year and we don't remember if there was a trick to it or not? Maybe bad cable?

Thanks for any help, I'm good with automotive wiring and electrical, just not very stereo savvy
    2018 Murder Max
    2008 Outback V-Bought new; sold in 2018

Which head unit do you have?
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

It's a pain and the manual is wrong if I remember correctly. Check this site for some solutions:

http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/1413...90a-demo-mode/
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

you have read between the lines of the manuall, but theres no lines in it,

the manuall was useless to me when mine was stuck in demo mode--was a 5 beer experiance to get it to work, and im still not sure what i did
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Quote Originally Posted by z28ke View Post
    I have yet to be able to get my stock kenwood head unit off demo mode, it goes back to it after a minute or so. I bought the boat new in 08 and, like an idiot, have been sporting demo mode ever since. How do I turn off demo mode haha?

Another quick question, last season we had our IPhones playing through the headphone jack and plugged into the front of the headunit. It's not working this year and we don't remember if there was a trick to it or not? Maybe bad cable?

Thanks for any help, I'm good with automotive wiring and electrical, just not very stereo savvy
    The directions should talk about holding the 5 down. Try this: after holding preset 5 down and pressing reset, you need to continue holding preset 5 until the deck powers all the way back up again.

Also there should be a setting in the menu for auxilary inputs. Maybe it got turned off

is above for the MB Quart?

My 08 OBV had a Kenwood HU and I remember having to find a menu, scroll/roll to "demo" and then push a button to tun it to OFF.

Glad to see I'm not the only one with demo mode issues! Turning it off in the menu doesn't work if I remember correctly. I'll try the suggestions in the link above. Thanks!
    2018 Murder Max
    2008 Outback V-Bought new; sold in 2018

Depending on which Kenwood you have. Try main menu then go to display, thats where the demo mode should be able to be turned off. Then you select the one you want. Kenwood.com you can print the manual or you can call them. They have a good cutomer support line.
    Rick
    2002 Moomba Mobius V