Hybrid View

Default Worlds Longest Hockey Game

I know this is way off topic for most on here but just wanted to give a shout out to the 40 hockey players and MANY volunteers who either played in the game or helped out to keep the players going.

This Hockey game set a new Guiness book of world records ,with the game lasting 246 hrs. Players ,played on 4hrs off 4 hrs staggered shifts for the last 10 days in a Nearby local arena. Helping to raise 1.5 Million for our local Childrens hospital cancer unit.

Players were not allowed to leave the building, they lived at the arena and slept in an adjacent curling rink set up with cots and a small indoor village allowing them to sleep and eat between shifts etc. Many volunteers ,helped feed and nurse and basically care for the players. Injuries ,were everything from cuts , bruises stiches,broken teeth a broken ankle ( which the guy broke on day 2) still playing..... to swollen feet. Most players had to swap skates midway through ,upping skate sizes on average 2 sizes,due to swollen feet.

The goal was to raise 1.5 Million with 1.4 officially reached at games end,with cash donations still coming in so the goal will likely be achieved.

Most of the players are from the Oil/gas industry etc but quite a variety, still a pretty skilled bunch just the same.

Not that the score was important .... but final score was 4100? to 3800?. Anyways just want to put out a Thankyou to all those involved. I have a couple friends who helped and a friend who played. The City/Country are proud of you. Way to go Guys.
    07 Outback DD

Forgot to mention,players were expected to eat on average 10,000 calories a day to maintain there health. Most burned 12,000 a day so average weight loss was nearly 20 lbs per player. New weight loss program???
    07 Outback DD

That's a great event for a great cause.

So, did you play?

Sounds like a dentist's fantasy.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Wow I can barely skate hard for 20 minutes let alone 4 hours straight.

!.5 Mil is a huge number congratulations!
    -Mark
    14 Mojo - 72 hours and growing
    02 Mobius LSV ---- Sold and always will be remembered as the one that started it all.

"Hey you only live once"

I want to play next time. I am sure they need more pylons.
    2003 Mobius LSV Gravity Games
    Total Noob running 1100 in the center, 750s in the lockers.
    JL JX360/4 powering 6 Infinity 621m speakers